Nice GDM themes for Ubuntu and Gnome (with installation guide )
If you want to change the look of your loging screen theme in ubuntu or in Linux in general then you are in the right place. Changing the loging screen theme in ubuntu is not a difficult matter, what we need is a GDM themes that we can find thousends of them aroud the net, for example there are good ones in websites like http://www.gnome-look.org or http://www.deviantart.com ,for the installation is very easy and can be done using GDM or Gnome display manager.
Today i choosed some GDM themes for ubuntu and also somes for Gnome (section 1), if you want more ones you can always search into the websites i mentioned above , at the second section of this article i will discribe for the Linux newbies the steps to install the GDM themes in Ubuntu.
If you are looking for more themes, walpapers or icons for your ubuntu , you can always read my previous articles ,
For ubuntu themes : Great themes for Ubuntu 9.04 and 9.10 Karmic Koala for Ubuntu Wallpapers : Collection of most popular Ubuntu wallpapers, For icons : A nice collection of icons for Ubuntu and Gnome
Ubuntu In Blue Flames
Download this Theme
Ubuntu Black Style
Dust Karmic GDM
nUbuntu GDM Logins by ~daynite
After download you will have to unzip the file before to install
CIA Restricted Access
II- Installation guide of GDM themes.
To install GDM theme on ubuntu, please follow the steps bellow :
1- Go to system–>administration–>Login window
2- Then click add to import the downloaded GDM theme
3- Now select the downloaded theme and click install
4- After back to the window login preference and select your theme and click close, then logout and that`s all :)
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...3 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .