Nice GDM themes for Ubuntu and Gnome (with installation guide )
If you want to change the look of your loging screen theme in ubuntu or in Linux in general then you are in the right place. Changing the loging screen theme in ubuntu is not a difficult matter, what we need is a GDM themes that we can find thousends of them aroud the net, for example there are good ones in websites like http://www.gnome-look.org or http://www.deviantart.com ,for the installation is very easy and can be done using GDM or Gnome display manager.
Today i choosed some GDM themes for ubuntu and also somes for Gnome (section 1), if you want more ones you can always search into the websites i mentioned above , at the second section of this article i will discribe for the Linux newbies the steps to install the GDM themes in Ubuntu.
If you are looking for more themes, walpapers or icons for your ubuntu , you can always read my previous articles ,
For ubuntu themes : Great themes for Ubuntu 9.04 and 9.10 Karmic Koala for Ubuntu Wallpapers : Collection of most popular Ubuntu wallpapers, For icons : A nice collection of icons for Ubuntu and Gnome
Ubuntu In Blue Flames
Download this Theme
Ubuntu Black Style
Dust Karmic GDM
nUbuntu GDM Logins by ~daynite
After download you will have to unzip the file before to install
CIA Restricted Access
II- Installation guide of GDM themes.
To install GDM theme on ubuntu, please follow the steps bellow :
1- Go to system–>administration–>Login window
2- Then click add to import the downloaded GDM theme
3- Now select the downloaded theme and click install
4- After back to the window login preference and select your theme and click close, then logout and that`s all :)
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .