Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Nice GDM themes for Ubuntu and Gnome (with installation guide )
If you want to change the look of your loging screen theme in ubuntu or in Linux in general then you are in the right place. Changing the loging screen theme in ubuntu is not a difficult matter, what we need is a GDM themes that we can find thousends of them aroud the net, for example there are good ones in websites like http://www.gnome-look.org or http://www.deviantart.com ,for the installation is very easy and can be done using GDM or Gnome display manager.
Today i choosed some GDM themes for ubuntu and also somes for Gnome (section 1), if you want more ones you can always search into the websites i mentioned above , at the second section of this article i will discribe for the Linux newbies the steps to install the GDM themes in Ubuntu.
If you are looking for more themes, walpapers or icons for your ubuntu , you can always read my previous articles ,
For ubuntu themes : Great themes for Ubuntu 9.04 and 9.10 Karmic Koala for Ubuntu Wallpapers : Collection of most popular Ubuntu wallpapers, For icons : A nice collection of icons for Ubuntu and Gnome
Ubuntu In Blue Flames
Download this Theme
Ubuntu Black Style
Dust Karmic GDM
nUbuntu GDM Logins by ~daynite
After download you will have to unzip the file before to install
CIA Restricted Access
II- Installation guide of GDM themes.
To install GDM theme on ubuntu, please follow the steps bellow :
1- Go to system–>administration–>Login window
2- Then click add to import the downloaded GDM theme
3- Now select the downloaded theme and click install
4- After back to the window login preference and select your theme and click close, then logout and that`s all :)
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...2 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .