New avatar of WebOS
Webos now part of the HP stable, has a lot happening for it over the summer of 2011. Early Feb saw the announcement of a growth plan and now everyone is waiting in anticipation to see the webOS’s new avatars on HPs mobiles.
From the large screen TouchPad tablet to the teeny weenie Veer all are waiting for release and will be running on the ultimate Linux software for mobiles, webOS. HP found the right platform in webOS to develop feature-rich cool, sleek, mobile equipments, following its ‘Think Big, small and beyond’ vision.
WebOS has had a wonderful fan following ever since its conception (legacy Palm OS) a couple of decades ago. It has travelled from running the one of a kind Palm in 2009 to being on the TouchPad tablet. What does webOS have that makes it such a crucial platform, especially for cellular telephony.
WebOS rich feature is coveted by most of the mobile verticals. When launched as the operating system with a Linux kernel core, high integration on Web2.0 technologies, it was welcomed with open arms as the next milestone in mobile telephony. Additionally its open architecture its high potential for multitasking and a simple easy to use UI, made it the darling of the OpenSource segment for the talk machines.
The SDK offers a lot for developers as the engine is built on fluid physics principles. Add to that features such as enabling navigation using gestures, aesthetic visuals and the most important an excellent notification system.
HP stable on WebOS
First week of March saw the HP honchos launching their mega machines at the Mobile World Congress. For developer it is party time as the new SDK named ‘Enyo’ was screened at the event. The WebOS is going to be next version as was revealed by the overview of the development environment.
The new webOS is truly exciting for the developers amongst us. In the first instance, it is as easy as building web applications using the traditional, conventional web tools. WebOS allows you to develop robust applications on simple widgets. Things are so simple essentially, because it allows you to port simple Ajax applications that are on par with the index file of the application. This ensures there is no hierarchy and the app you develop is available for download to any of the WebOS devices.
WebOS for advanced apps
For those of us looking beyond simple applications we could begin with winging in some Mojo UI widgets. Some interesting apps running in the background is an immense possibility. Ideas for apps on webOS devices are innumerable and the possibilities unlimited. Multi-tasking apps is an idea that is definitely explorable, within the next few months.
The new avatar of webOS is particularly spectacular apps running on it will drive the future of mobile telephony across platforms. The challenge is in thinking out of the box and not the actual development itself as webOS in its latest version is a full-fledged developer’s delight.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .