New Age Android vs iOS
The Android versus iOS debate is a never ending one. With both the OS’s adding more and more features every day, one can never really stop comparing them. They have been the reason of many dinners going wrong or friends parting ways. We try to put the debate to an end. Here is a comparison between Android and the iOS:
During navigation, the Android keys feature recent apps, home, and back keys. These keys auto hide while watching videos. They also turn into dots while viewing photos.
The iOS has a round back button which appears at the top left portion of the screen. The round button at the bottom performs many functions. These include waking the device, switching apps, launching Siri etc.
The lockscreen on both the OSs is simple. The day, time and, date is visible on the lockscreens. The lockscreen of Android offers more features than those in iOS. One can personalize the features on it in Android. However, iOS only offers the user to view a picture slideshow directly from the lockscreen.
The homescreen of Android offers features like widgets and live wallpapers. The iOS screen offers apps to be grouped. No live wallpaper can be used in it. A search bar is available on both the homescreens.
The widgets are available in the notification bar in iOS. From stock to weather, you can assign different tones to each alert or notification. However, this is not the case in Android. iOS also offers better customizing options.
The contact list in Android is much more interactive than iOS. Android is also beneficial because one can sync his Google and Google+ accounts with the device. However, iOS offers you to backup your contacts on iCloud or iTunes.
Both iOS and Android are similar in terms of the Messages app. However, Android auto-deletes unlocked and old SMSs and MMSs. This is not available in the iOS.
Apps & Widgets
Android uses Google Play Store to download apps while the App Store is used in iOS. Both of these offer high security while downloading apps. While Android requests permissions before installing the app, iOS requires you to grant permissions while running the app.
The camera apps are available directly on the home and lock screens in both iOS and Android. The Android camera provides you with features like: time lapse recording, changing capture size of image and video, photo sphere, five scene modes etc. The Android certainly has a better Camera App. But Gallery app in Android does not let you create albums. This feature is however available in iOS. Simple editing and transformation features are available in both the OSs.
This is the most important feature in any device. Both Android and iOS offer great security features. Android offers face unlock, improved Android permission list, Pattern lock etc. Apple erases data on the device after ten failed unlocking attempts. One can also not install apps from anywhere other than the iStore. The iOS sends a notification to your ID in case your Apple account is used on some other device.
This is just a concise description for of the differences between the two OSs. As we mentioned before, the platforms are developing each day. That means one can never be sure which one is better. The ultimate decision of the winner lies with the customer!
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .