Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Mozilla Thunderbird 5.0, a look at new features!| PPA Ubuntu
Mozilla released the latest version of thunderbird, Thunderbird 5.0, after 1 and a half year of Thunderbird 3.1. The major release has the version number 5.0 (and not
4.0!) to match the latest Firefox version 5.0 that was released a week back. The open source cross-platform email client and news reader promises to be efficient fast and better! The post reviews the new features of Thunderbird 5.0!
The new Thunderbird comes with a handful of new features such as drag and drop enabled interface, improved add-on manager and account creating wizard and several fixes. The most apparent change you shall notice is definitely the better, minimal and more modern interface. The Add-on manager, Trouble shooting page and many bug fixes!
Improved Speed: Thunderbird would launch in a matter of seconds now! Thunderbird is more stable and more secure owing to over 300 bug fixes. Thunderbird, being based on Mozilla Gecko 5 engine, the second most popular open source browser engine.
Easy to setup account: You can now easily create a new account from:
The Troubleshooting page: The troubleshooting page is completely revised to cater more issues that one faces while using Thunderbird!
The New Add-on Manager: The Add-on manager is enhanced. It will open in a new Tab. You can extend the capabilities of Thunderbird with the latest available add-ons. The add-on manager will feature “Thunderbird Collection” and “Featured Add-ons” where you can find recommended add-ons for your browser. You will also find the information about some upcoming extensions. With the Add-on manager you can also customize the email client and install themes. There are theme fixes for Windows Vista and Windows 7 clients.
The Drag & Drop and few minor changes: You will also be able to drag and drop windows, just like in the browser to make them separate windows. You will also be able to re-order the tab. Now you will also be able to view details of attachment i.e. the size of the attachment, included in the email. Plug-ins can now be loaded with RSS feeds by default.
Installation guide: Before you install the new version of Thunderbird you must delete the old thunderbird file to avois erroes and problems. Incase you do uninstall the old directory and encounter a bug, such a bug wil not be entertained by Mozilla.
Download Thunderbird 5 for Linux,Windows and Mac.
Installation for Ubuntu and LInuxMint:
Mozilla Thunderbird 5 also available on PPA, you can install / Upgradeto this latest release via the following PPA :
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mozillateam/thunderbird-stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install thunderbird
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .