How To Move Crunchbang Panel To Bottom
Crunchbang can be styled to sweet your needs which ever way you want. If you are an Crunchbang user, you will admit that tweaking things by editing config files and others are very interesting. Especially when you break and fix them all yourself, you are the happiest person in the world.
In this tutorial we are going to look at a simple tweak, that is to move the panel, which by default is located a t the top of the desktop to the bottom.
I always advice to backup files before editing. This is to prevent you from hustles when you break the file. Is easy to fix when you have backups.
Open Terminal and run the commands below to back up the file.
$ cp .config/tint2/tint2rc .config/tint2/tint2rc.bak
Right Click on the desktop – > Go to Settings – > tint2 – > Select Edit config file OR Follow the image below:
When config file is opened in geany text editor, locate the #Panel section
Right Click on the desktop – > Go to Settings – > tint2 – > Select Restart tint2.
Now your panel should move to the bottom of the desktop.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .