Mictlan | Gnome Shell – Cinnamon Theme
Mictlan is one of the most elegant and carefully designed Gnome-Shell themes and Gtk 3 themes I’ve ever seen. It reminds me of the elegance that you get from the Enlightenment desktop environment, as well as the same persistence to detail and perfection.
Mictlan is compatible with Gnome Shell 3.2 and Gnome Shell 3.4, but for the moment the Gtk3 theme is compatible only with 3.3 and previous versions. Cinnamon and Metacity are also supported.
I’ve been using this theme for quite some time now and I didn’t encounter any weird problems, or bugs I usually find on other themes. Mictlan seems to work perfectly. To give Mictlan a try, you’ll have to download the zip file, unzip it and put the folder in /.themes, open the “Advanced Settings” tool, go to the “theme” tab and choose Mictlan for Gtk theme, Window theme, and for the Shell theme. For all changes to apply, you’ll need to restart Gnome Shell by pressing Alt+F2 and then “r” and Enter. Enjoy!
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .