Meet Jolla, A Linux Smartphone
I had never heard of Jolla until the day i met a very nice guy in Europython that introduced me to Jolla smartphone and its operating system. My friend was using the Jolla smartphone at the time i met him and he told me alot about its history, the design and features of this smartphone and its operating system. Today i will try to give you guys some basic information about this os.
What is Jolla? Who created it?
Jolla is a smartphone from Finland which runs Sailfish operating system. Many thought that this smartphone never came to be, but the hard work and dedication of developers and engineers made it possible.
The decision of Nokia to go with Windows Phone and abandon MeeGo mobile operating system disappointed the developers that had worked very hard and put countless hours on the MeeGo platform. They ended up jobless and very disappointed. They loved the project they had been working on, so they did not give up, they stayed together and worked hard on the project and the result is Jolla, not only a smartphone but also a movement. These developers had a dream, and they chased it! An example that everybody should look at the moments of thinking to give up.
Features and Specifications
Now time for some information about Jolla. How do I pronounce Jolla? Jolla is pronounced (yoh-lah), it runs on dual core processor, offers 16 gb of storage, microSD port and it has an 8 megapixel camera for you fashionistas out there. A very cool feature about Jolla smartphone is the backplate feature which allows you to switch through different profiles. Do you want to impress your kids with Jolla smartphone? Then use the multi-colored backplate option which lets you switch from work profiles to play profiles. What about the Jolla smartphone’s screen? The Jolla smartphone is equipped with a 4.5-inch touchscreen referred by the company as ‘Estrade’ display.
I don’t think there is something important i missed to tell you guys about the Jolla smartphone. Ah, the price. I don’t want to tell you about the price, i want to see how curious you are about it, so my friend Google with help you with the information about the price.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .