Mediadownloader- Search, watch and download items with Google Image and YouTube
Mediadownloader is an opensource software that lets you search, watch and download items with Google Image and YouTube. It grabs video streams while browsing with firefox (only linux). Videos can be converted automatically using ffmpeg.
MediaDownloader can also make a slide show of searched videos and images, set images as wallpaper, save and restore searches, make multiple searches by a given text file, can also convert local videos or videos while downloading with a ffmpeg frontend.
“Firefox monitor” will look at the firefox cache to catch video streaming contents while browsing (only linux for now). Thumbnail images for those aren’t grabbed, so you will see the mediadownloader icon insted, while for YouTube they are treated as usual.
Latest release is 1.5.0 and was released the 26th of February, this release comes with some new features and bug fixes:
- Added Google Suggestion hints for search box
– Added automatic search to add items while scrolling the view
– Added a button to open downloads directory
– Thumbnails color customizations
– Thumbnails redesigned
– Now downloads doesn’t overwrite existing file
– Fixed diplayed text in download window
– Fixed background of volume slider
– Fixed display video toolbar when back from fullscreen
- For Ubuntu/Debian and LinuxMint
- For Opensuse:
After the application is installed you can access to it from : Applications–>Internet–>Mediadownloader
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint : Sayonara is a small, clear and fast audio player for Linux written in C++, supported by the Qt frame...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu : Linux Kernel 3.12.4 has been officially released with fixes for inet6_init() cleanup order, seqlock ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates : Hi guys, Firefox 26 has been released for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Android devices. It brings m...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .