Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Mediadownloader- Search, watch and download items with Google Image and YouTube
Mediadownloader is an opensource software that lets you search, watch and download items with Google Image and YouTube. It grabs video streams while browsing with firefox (only linux). Videos can be converted automatically using ffmpeg.
MediaDownloader can also make a slide show of searched videos and images, set images as wallpaper, save and restore searches, make multiple searches by a given text file, can also convert local videos or videos while downloading with a ffmpeg frontend.
“Firefox monitor” will look at the firefox cache to catch video streaming contents while browsing (only linux for now). Thumbnail images for those aren’t grabbed, so you will see the mediadownloader icon insted, while for YouTube they are treated as usual.
Latest release is 1.5.0 and was released the 26th of February, this release comes with some new features and bug fixes:
- Added Google Suggestion hints for search box
– Added automatic search to add items while scrolling the view
– Added a button to open downloads directory
– Thumbnails color customizations
– Thumbnails redesigned
– Now downloads doesn’t overwrite existing file
– Fixed diplayed text in download window
– Fixed background of volume slider
– Fixed display video toolbar when back from fullscreen
- For Ubuntu/Debian and LinuxMint
- For Opensuse:
After the application is installed you can access to it from : Applications–>Internet–>Mediadownloader
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...4 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .