Mediadownloader- Search, watch and download items with Google Image and YouTube
Mediadownloader is an opensource software that lets you search, watch and download items with Google Image and YouTube. It grabs video streams while browsing with firefox (only linux). Videos can be converted automatically using ffmpeg.
MediaDownloader can also make a slide show of searched videos and images, set images as wallpaper, save and restore searches, make multiple searches by a given text file, can also convert local videos or videos while downloading with a ffmpeg frontend.
“Firefox monitor” will look at the firefox cache to catch video streaming contents while browsing (only linux for now). Thumbnail images for those aren’t grabbed, so you will see the mediadownloader icon insted, while for YouTube they are treated as usual.
Latest release is 1.5.0 and was released the 26th of February, this release comes with some new features and bug fixes:
- Added Google Suggestion hints for search box
– Added automatic search to add items while scrolling the view
– Added a button to open downloads directory
– Thumbnails color customizations
– Thumbnails redesigned
– Now downloads doesn’t overwrite existing file
– Fixed diplayed text in download window
– Fixed background of volume slider
– Fixed display video toolbar when back from fullscreen
- For Ubuntu/Debian and LinuxMint
- For Opensuse:
After the application is installed you can access to it from : Applications–>Internet–>Mediadownloader
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .