Mandriva Linux 2010.2 released
French Linux distributor Mandriva has released the final version of Mandriva Linux 2010.2. The latest stable version of Mandriva includes a
number of updated components, as well as security and bugfix updates over the previous 2010.1 Spring release from July, improving the distribution’s overall stability.
According to the Mandriva Linux 2010.2 specs page, the incremental update, like 2010.1, is based on the 2.6.33 Linux kernel and features the GNOME 2.30.1 and KDE 4.4.3 (KDE SC 4.5.4 is the latest release) desktops. Package updates include Firefox 3.6.13, OpenOffice.org 3.2, FileZilla 3.3.3, Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.4.0 and version 3.1.8 of VirtualBox – VM VirtualBox 4.0 was released yesterday. In the mailing list announcement, the developers also note that, “in the next few weeks, there will be updates for KDE and OpenOffice.org packages”, however, they don’t mention to which versions each will be upgraded.
More details about the release can be found in a post on the Official Mandriva Blog and on the Mandriva 2010.2 overview page. Mandriva 2010.2 is available to download from one of the project’s mirrors and is licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats : Selene is yet another project from the TimeShift Developer Tony George. It is an audio/video convert...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TimeShift: Restore Your Linux Desktop To Previous State
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .