Mandriva Linux 2010.2 released
French Linux distributor Mandriva has released the final version of Mandriva Linux 2010.2. The latest stable version of Mandriva includes a
number of updated components, as well as security and bugfix updates over the previous 2010.1 Spring release from July, improving the distribution’s overall stability.
According to the Mandriva Linux 2010.2 specs page, the incremental update, like 2010.1, is based on the 2.6.33 Linux kernel and features the GNOME 2.30.1 and KDE 4.4.3 (KDE SC 4.5.4 is the latest release) desktops. Package updates include Firefox 3.6.13, OpenOffice.org 3.2, FileZilla 3.3.3, Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.4.0 and version 3.1.8 of VirtualBox – VM VirtualBox 4.0 was released yesterday. In the mailing list announcement, the developers also note that, “in the next few weeks, there will be updates for KDE and OpenOffice.org packages”, however, they don’t mention to which versions each will be upgraded.
More details about the release can be found in a post on the Official Mandriva Blog and on the Mandriva 2010.2 overview page. Mandriva 2010.2 is available to download from one of the project’s mirrors and is licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...2 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .