Mandriva Linux 2010.2 released
French Linux distributor Mandriva has released the final version of Mandriva Linux 2010.2. The latest stable version of Mandriva includes a
number of updated components, as well as security and bugfix updates over the previous 2010.1 Spring release from July, improving the distribution’s overall stability.
According to the Mandriva Linux 2010.2 specs page, the incremental update, like 2010.1, is based on the 2.6.33 Linux kernel and features the GNOME 2.30.1 and KDE 4.4.3 (KDE SC 4.5.4 is the latest release) desktops. Package updates include Firefox 3.6.13, OpenOffice.org 3.2, FileZilla 3.3.3, Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.4.0 and version 3.1.8 of VirtualBox – VM VirtualBox 4.0 was released yesterday. In the mailing list announcement, the developers also note that, “in the next few weeks, there will be updates for KDE and OpenOffice.org packages”, however, they don’t mention to which versions each will be upgraded.
More details about the release can be found in a post on the Official Mandriva Blog and on the Mandriva 2010.2 overview page. Mandriva 2010.2 is available to download from one of the project’s mirrors and is licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .