Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Mandriva Linux 2010.2 released
French Linux distributor Mandriva has released the final version of Mandriva Linux 2010.2. The latest stable version of Mandriva includes a
number of updated components, as well as security and bugfix updates over the previous 2010.1 Spring release from July, improving the distribution’s overall stability.
According to the Mandriva Linux 2010.2 specs page, the incremental update, like 2010.1, is based on the 2.6.33 Linux kernel and features the GNOME 2.30.1 and KDE 4.4.3 (KDE SC 4.5.4 is the latest release) desktops. Package updates include Firefox 3.6.13, OpenOffice.org 3.2, FileZilla 3.3.3, Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.4.0 and version 3.1.8 of VirtualBox – VM VirtualBox 4.0 was released yesterday. In the mailing list announcement, the developers also note that, “in the next few weeks, there will be updates for KDE and OpenOffice.org packages”, however, they don’t mention to which versions each will be upgraded.
More details about the release can be found in a post on the Official Mandriva Blog and on the Mandriva 2010.2 overview page. Mandriva 2010.2 is available to download from one of the project’s mirrors and is licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .