Mandriva Linux 2010.2 released
French Linux distributor Mandriva has released the final version of Mandriva Linux 2010.2. The latest stable version of Mandriva includes a
number of updated components, as well as security and bugfix updates over the previous 2010.1 Spring release from July, improving the distribution’s overall stability.
According to the Mandriva Linux 2010.2 specs page, the incremental update, like 2010.1, is based on the 2.6.33 Linux kernel and features the GNOME 2.30.1 and KDE 4.4.3 (KDE SC 4.5.4 is the latest release) desktops. Package updates include Firefox 3.6.13, OpenOffice.org 3.2, FileZilla 3.3.3, Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.4.0 and version 3.1.8 of VirtualBox – VM VirtualBox 4.0 was released yesterday. In the mailing list announcement, the developers also note that, “in the next few weeks, there will be updates for KDE and OpenOffice.org packages”, however, they don’t mention to which versions each will be upgraded.
More details about the release can be found in a post on the Official Mandriva Blog and on the Mandriva 2010.2 overview page. Mandriva 2010.2 is available to download from one of the project’s mirrors and is licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...2 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .