Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Mandriva is for Sale, Linagora confirms takeover
In case you are using Mandriva, the once popular Linux distribution, you might be interested in
knowing that the French company is now up for sale. According to Mandriva Linux Online, the firm is in deep financial trouble and getting sold is the next best option to total closure. I’m sure there are still many Mandriva fans out there and they wouldn’t like the distribution to disappear.
Mandriva is said to have made the decision more than a month ago and has been looking for potential buyers since. Two firms made serious bids for Mandriva, or were at least interested in acquiring it. One is London-based LightApp, a firm that creates thin client like solutions for cheap computing, and the other is Linagora.
Linagora is a French company that creates open-source software. In a follow up post, Linagora is said to have confirmed that it’s going to acquire the company and discussions are underway for the acquisition of part of the assets of Mandriva.
Mandriva’s financial problems go back a couple of years ago, but apparently things turned for the worse this year. There is no official word till now, but it can be only be hoped that the current line of Mandriva products will continue to be supported even after the sale.
[Via Instant Fundas]
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .