Manage hundreds of machines from a single interface the easy way with KontrolPack
KontrolPack is a cross-platform network controller. You can manage your computers and execute the same shell commands on them regardless of the operating system. On top of this, it provides an easy interface that can be used to view your LAN activity and manage your network without difficulties.
For example if you need to manage multiple desktops at the same time Linux, Mac and Windows based this is the tool you need to have at hand. KontrolPack gives you the ability to manage hundreds of machines from a single interface.
The purpose of KontrolPack is to improve interoperability between systems by connecting remote computers, regardless of their operating system. It can be used to:
- Handle remote shell command execution.
- Share files between remote computers.
- Manage your network: LAN (Local Area Network).
- Get an overview of the workstations on your LAN.
- Lightweight XML based message exchange between client and server.
- Handle each client with a personalized tab panel.
- Send commands simultaneously to all computers on your LAN.
- Cross-platform (GNU/Linux, Mac OSX, MS Windows).
- For Ubuntu :
You can install KontrolPack from ubuntu software center. or by command line ( This will install the version 2.03 while the latest version is 2.07) :
sudo apt-get install kontrolpack
-Install the latest version of KontrolPack in Ubuntu
If you want to install the latest version in Ubuntu, then Download and unzip the KontrolPack tar.gz file for Linux.
Then, go in the unziped “KontrolPack” directory and install KontrolPack executing the following script in a terminal:
sudo sh ./install.sh
Each KontrolPack release can be started in two different modes (see screenshot bellow) : Server mode or Client mode. KontrolPack started in Server Mode provide a user friendly graphical interface to control remotely hundreds of KontrolPack started in Client mode on a local area network.
- KontrolPack in Client mode must be installed on every computer you want to control, client’s goal is to execute shell commands received from KontrolPack started in Server mode.
- KontrolPack in Server mode is the server which will allow users to control every clients. Server mode provides tools to control remote clients.
Image Credit : Kontrolpack
Useful Links : http://www.kontrolpack.com/
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS “Trusty Tahr” Default Wallpaper Revealed!
- Canonical Works with Cisco!
- Android Intercom: An Excellent Intercom App For Bikers Or Hiking Fans
- Install Google Talk Plugin In Fedora 20
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .