Make NFS in RHEL/Centos and Fedora
This tutorial shows you how to use nfs successfully, you have to configure the server and the client. In this example, the client is 10.10.0.3 and the server is 10.10.0.1. The folder to be shared is
/home/sharing, and to be mounted to /mnt on the client
On the server
1: make this diretory :
[root@unixmen_net ~]# mkdir /home/sharing
2:Edit /etc/exports, insert the client computer ip
and add this line:
save and exit
3: Edit /etc/hosts.allow
add : portmap: 10.10.0.0/255.255.255.0
save and exit.
4: start nfsand portmap :
[root@unixmen_net ~]# /etc/init.d /nfs start
[root@unixmen_net ~]# /etc/init.d /portmap start
On the client
Mount the nfs folder
mount 10.10.0.1:/home/sharing /mnt
Check /var/log/messages for any error that might occur
Use mount to check if the folder is mounted properly
the output should be like :
10.10.0.1:/home/sharing on /mnt type nfs (rw,addr=10.10.0.1)
Edit /etc/fstab to mount the shared folder on boot :
10.10.0.1:/home/sharing mnt nfs rw,hard,intr 0 0
save and exit .
Greets unixmen team
You can post your comment for this article below , we want to inform you that we don`t answer the comments , issues and problems please report them on the forum.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10 : Introduction Fail2Ban is an intrusion prevention framework written in the Python programming l...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful : Running a business can be very stressful. You have to think about team collaboration, making sure th...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5 : I will show you in this tutorial how to install your first cluster Corosync and the Linux Cluster Ma...0 comments |
- Puppet agent Install Using Script : With this script, you can install puppet agents in few minutes on Red Hat or Debian based systems. ...1 comment |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .