Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Make NFS in RHEL/Centos and Fedora
This tutorial shows you how to use nfs successfully, you have to configure the server and the client. In this example, the client is 10.10.0.3 and the server is 10.10.0.1. The folder to be shared is
/home/sharing, and to be mounted to /mnt on the client
On the server
1: make this diretory :
[root@unixmen_net ~]# mkdir /home/sharing
2:Edit /etc/exports, insert the client computer ip
and add this line:
save and exit
3: Edit /etc/hosts.allow
add : portmap: 10.10.0.0/255.255.255.0
save and exit.
4: start nfsand portmap :
[root@unixmen_net ~]# /etc/init.d /nfs start
[root@unixmen_net ~]# /etc/init.d /portmap start
On the client
Mount the nfs folder
mount 10.10.0.1:/home/sharing /mnt
Check /var/log/messages for any error that might occur
Use mount to check if the folder is mounted properly
the output should be like :
10.10.0.1:/home/sharing on /mnt type nfs (rw,addr=10.10.0.1)
Edit /etc/fstab to mount the shared folder on boot :
10.10.0.1:/home/sharing mnt nfs rw,hard,intr 0 0
save and exit .
Greets unixmen team
You can post your comment for this article below , we want to inform you that we don`t answer the comments , issues and problems please report them on the forum.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .