Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
LiVES -A non-linear video editor for Linux
LiVES is a Video Editing System. It is designed to be simple to use, yet powerful. It is small in size, yet it has many advanced features.
LiVES mixes realtime video performance and non-linear editing in one professional quality application. It will let you start editing and making video right away, without having to worry about formats, frame sizes, or framerates. It is a very flexible tool which is used by both professional VJ’s and video editors – mix and switch clips from the keyboard, use dozens of realtime effects, trim and edit your clips in the clip editor, and bring them together using the multitrack timeline. You can even record your performance in real time, and then edit it further or render it straight away.
For the more technically minded, the application is frame and sample accurate, and it can be controlled remotely or scripted for use as a video server. And it supports all of the latest free standards.
- Frame and sample accurate editing
- Edit video in realtime or non-realtime
- Works with almost any type of video
- Fully extendable through plugins
- Can be controlled via keyboard, joystick, MIDI or remote network
- Integration with pulse audio and jack audio
- Dozens of effects, both rendered and realtime
- Instant previews
- Unlmited video and audio tracks in multitrack mode
The features list on the LiVES Web site states that the program scales well to high-end and low-end hardware, but it doesn’t indicate a lower boundary. Frankly I wouldn’t want to try serious amounts of editing without a 2 GHz CPU or better. A large fast hard-disk is needed, as is a fast video subsystem. If you have a working FireWire connection and the right driver a DV/HDV-capable camcorder is a nice option. LiVES will import video from such cameras, but alas, the Web site gives no particular recommendations for compatible hardware.
If you wan to read more about Lives there is a nice and complete review in Linux Journal
For Ubuntu :
For older version of Live you can install it from Ubuntu Software center. To install the latest version of Live in Karmic koala and Lucid Lynx by adding the ppa repositories :
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:hrickards/lives
sudo apt-get update
Now install Lives
sudo apt-get install lives
- For Fedora, Mandriva and other linux distros:
You can download the rpm packages from this Link. in the same link you can download the source file.
Related Articles By Tags :
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...2 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- How to install uTorrent client on Ubuntu / Debian / Linux Mint
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
- How To: Disable or Enable Guest Account in Ubuntu 13.04
- Setup Your Own YouTube Like Website Using ClipBucket
- Retroshare: A Next Generation Secure Communication and File Sharing Platform
- How to Block Ads on Your Web Browsers Using Privoxy
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .