LinuxMint11 Katya is released!
Announced today by clem the release of LinuxMint11 codenamed Katya, this new release comes with many new features and improvements.
New features at a glance:
- One click install for multimedia codecs and extra applications
- The Software Manager
- UI improvements
- New splash screen
- Fonts category
- More accurate package information
- More application icons by default
- More accurate search by default
- The Update Manager
- Performance boosts
- Improved dependencies handling
- Better changelog retrieval
- UI improvements
- The Desktop Settings tool
- “Desktop-agnostic”, detection and upcoming compatibility with other desktops
- New setting for the fortunes in the terminal
- Artwork improvements
- Backgrounds, overlay scrollbars, plymouth, Mint-X, search add-on.
- System improvements
- new “apt download” command
- Adobe flash plugins
- Changes in the software selection
For a complete overview and to see screenshots of the new features, visit: “What’s new in Linux Mint 11“.
- To upgrade from a previous version of Linux Mint follow these instructions.
- To upgrade from Linux Mint 11 RC, simply apply any level 1 and 2 updates (if any) available in the Update Manager
More download links can be found on the officel download page.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .