LinuxMint11 Katya is released!
Announced today by clem the release of LinuxMint11 codenamed Katya, this new release comes with many new features and improvements.
New features at a glance:
- One click install for multimedia codecs and extra applications
- The Software Manager
- UI improvements
- New splash screen
- Fonts category
- More accurate package information
- More application icons by default
- More accurate search by default
- The Update Manager
- Performance boosts
- Improved dependencies handling
- Better changelog retrieval
- UI improvements
- The Desktop Settings tool
- “Desktop-agnostic”, detection and upcoming compatibility with other desktops
- New setting for the fortunes in the terminal
- Artwork improvements
- Backgrounds, overlay scrollbars, plymouth, Mint-X, search add-on.
- System improvements
- new “apt download” command
- Adobe flash plugins
- Changes in the software selection
For a complete overview and to see screenshots of the new features, visit: “What’s new in Linux Mint 11“.
- To upgrade from a previous version of Linux Mint follow these instructions.
- To upgrade from Linux Mint 11 RC, simply apply any level 1 and 2 updates (if any) available in the Update Manager
More download links can be found on the officel download page.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10 : Introduction Fail2Ban is an intrusion prevention framework written in the Python programming l...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful : Running a business can be very stressful. You have to think about team collaboration, making sure th...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- install Git in Ubuntu : Git is a distributed revision control system with an emphasis on speed. Git was initially designed a...0 comments |
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5 : I will show you in this tutorial how to install your first cluster Corosync and the Linux Cluster Ma...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .