Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
LinuxMint11 Katya is released!
Announced today by clem the release of LinuxMint11 codenamed Katya, this new release comes with many new features and improvements.
New features at a glance:
- One click install for multimedia codecs and extra applications
- The Software Manager
- UI improvements
- New splash screen
- Fonts category
- More accurate package information
- More application icons by default
- More accurate search by default
- The Update Manager
- Performance boosts
- Improved dependencies handling
- Better changelog retrieval
- UI improvements
- The Desktop Settings tool
- “Desktop-agnostic”, detection and upcoming compatibility with other desktops
- New setting for the fortunes in the terminal
- Artwork improvements
- Backgrounds, overlay scrollbars, plymouth, Mint-X, search add-on.
- System improvements
- new “apt download” command
- Adobe flash plugins
- Changes in the software selection
For a complete overview and to see screenshots of the new features, visit: “What’s new in Linux Mint 11“.
- To upgrade from a previous version of Linux Mint follow these instructions.
- To upgrade from Linux Mint 11 RC, simply apply any level 1 and 2 updates (if any) available in the Update Manager
More download links can be found on the officel download page.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .