Linux Kernel 3.13 Release Candidate 4 Announced!
Linus Torvalds has announced on December 15, the fourth Release Candidate of the upcoming Linux kernel 3.13 which is now available for downloading and testing.
Below is the official announcement from Linus Torvalds:
“So I delayed this a couple of days to get back to my normal Sunday
release schedule, but I’m not entirely happy with the result. Things
aren’t calming down the way they should be, and -rc4 is bigger than
previous rc’s. And I don’t think I can just blame the two extra days.
Anyway, what that means from a practical standpoint is that I’m going
to be *very* grumpy at anybody who sends me unnecessary crap. If it’s
not regression or marked for stable, then just don’t send it to me.
Because you *will* be called names if you can’t follow those simple
Anyway, the bulk of changes for rc4 is drivers (notably networking and
gpu, but there’s usb, input and media driver updates too). Aside from
that, there are the usual arch updates (mainly ARM) and the slightly
less usual selinux updates. And generic networking, with some random
stuff thrown in for good measure. The shortlog isn’t very short, but
it’s appended for your reading pleasure.
We’re obviously heading for the holiday season, and I’m really hoping
that will help calm things down too for the rest of the release
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...2 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .