Linux From Scratch 6.7 is released! A free book that teaches how to build a base Linux OS from scratch, from an existing Linux installation or from a live CD
Linux From Scratch 6.7 is released , This release includes numerous changes to LFS 6.6 (including updates to Linux kernel 22.214.171.124, GCC 4.5.1, glibc 2.12.1) and security fixes. It also includes editorial work on the explanatory material throughout the book, improving both the clarity and accuracy of the text.” Other major changes include update to GRUB 1.98, make 3.82, Perl 5.12.1, udev 161 and various small patches to fix compilation errors.
If you diden`t hear about Linux from Scratch Before,
As mentioned in their website, the Linux From Scratch organization consists of the following subprojects:
- LFS :: Linux From Scratch is the main book, the base from which all other projects are derived.
- BLFS :: Beyond Linux From Scratch helps you extend your finished LFS installation into a more customized and usable system.
- ALFS :: Automated Linux From Scratch provides tools for automating and managing LFS and BLFS builds.
- CLFS :: Cross Linux From Scratch provides the means to cross-compile an LFS system on many types of systems.
- HLFS :: Hardened Linux From Scratch focuses on building an LFS system with heightened security.
- Hints :: The Hints project is a collection of documents that explain how to enhance your LFS system in ways that are not included in the LFS or BLFS books.
- LiveCD :: The LiveCD project provides a CD that is useful as an LFS build host or as a general rescue CD.
- Patches :: The Patches project serves as a central repository for all patches useful to an LFS user.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...1 comment |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .