Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Linux From Scratch 6.7 is released! A free book that teaches how to build a base Linux OS from scratch, from an existing Linux installation or from a live CD
Linux From Scratch 6.7 is released , This release includes numerous changes to LFS 6.6 (including updates to Linux kernel 126.96.36.199, GCC 4.5.1, glibc 2.12.1) and security fixes. It also includes editorial work on the explanatory material throughout the book, improving both the clarity and accuracy of the text.” Other major changes include update to GRUB 1.98, make 3.82, Perl 5.12.1, udev 161 and various small patches to fix compilation errors.
If you diden`t hear about Linux from Scratch Before,
As mentioned in their website, the Linux From Scratch organization consists of the following subprojects:
- LFS :: Linux From Scratch is the main book, the base from which all other projects are derived.
- BLFS :: Beyond Linux From Scratch helps you extend your finished LFS installation into a more customized and usable system.
- ALFS :: Automated Linux From Scratch provides tools for automating and managing LFS and BLFS builds.
- CLFS :: Cross Linux From Scratch provides the means to cross-compile an LFS system on many types of systems.
- HLFS :: Hardened Linux From Scratch focuses on building an LFS system with heightened security.
- Hints :: The Hints project is a collection of documents that explain how to enhance your LFS system in ways that are not included in the LFS or BLFS books.
- LiveCD :: The LiveCD project provides a CD that is useful as an LFS build host or as a general rescue CD.
- Patches :: The Patches project serves as a central repository for all patches useful to an LFS user.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...1 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .