Linux From Scratch 6.7 is released , This release includes numerous changes to LFS 6.6 (including updates to Linux kernel 126.96.36.199, GCC 4.5.1, glibc 2.12.1) and security fixes. It also includes editorial work on the explanatory material throughout the book, improving both the clarity and accuracy of the text.” Other major changes include update to GRUB 1.98, make 3.82, Perl 5.12.1, udev 161 and various small patches to fix compilation errors.
If you diden`t hear about Linux from Scratch Before,
As mentioned in their website, the Linux From Scratch organization consists of the following subprojects:
- LFS :: Linux From Scratch is the main book, the base from which all other projects are derived.
- BLFS :: Beyond Linux From Scratch helps you extend your finished LFS installation into a more customized and usable system.
- ALFS :: Automated Linux From Scratch provides tools for automating and managing LFS and BLFS builds.
- CLFS :: Cross Linux From Scratch provides the means to cross-compile an LFS system on many types of systems.
- HLFS :: Hardened Linux From Scratch focuses on building an LFS system with heightened security.
- Hints :: The Hints project is a collection of documents that explain how to enhance your LFS system in ways that are not included in the LFS or BLFS books.
- LiveCD :: The LiveCD project provides a CD that is useful as an LFS build host or as a general rescue CD.
- Patches :: The Patches project serves as a central repository for all patches useful to an LFS user.