Linux Deepin Software Center Will become OpenSource’s own App Store by End of Year
The internet is on a boom time with App store centers, software centers and with the arrival of Amazon, the humungous Amazon Store as well. Then there is our own Ubuntu Software Center: slick-looking, well-loaded with software applications but lacking in some key functional features.
Making up for the, under-development Ubuntu Software Centre, is Deepin Software Center. As if to make up for the lack of a sophisticated Software Store for *nix, Linux Deepin Software Centre for Ubuntu offers just the right kind of advanced technology and user-experience, similar to what proprietary software centre like the App Store enjoys. D
Well to the uninitiated, Linux Deepin is popular Chinese distro derived from Ubuntu. In fact, it is derived from Hiweed Linux, a 2004 release, on XFCE- as Ubuntu was yet unpublished. The later versions from 1.0 to 3.0 of Hiweed were released on XFCE. By 2009, however, with increase in volunteer strength, such as inclusion of testers and maintainers such as Snd, Wmd and Huahua, the project named was changed to Linux Deepin corresponding with Snd’s forum. Hence, Linux Deepin release follows Ubuntu release after two months. This began with Ubuntu 9.12 version and 10.06 version based on XFCE. The later versions 10.10 and 11.06 later moved to Gnome2.
By 2011, the developer strength had grown substantially and in September 2011, the official Linux Deepin was formed. The team now includes Debian Maintainer, Debian Developer as well as two Ubuntu Loco members.
Linux Software Center
The reason Linux Deepin has become one of the better and well developed distributions, is because, the familiar GNOME desktop environment is worked around to include features that are very unique to the community using it.
Its latest release is the Linux Deepin 11.06 running on Ubuntu 11.04. However, in keeping with their GNOME 2 legacy, developers have built a wonderful Deepin Software Center, of which anyone using Ubuntu should be envious about.
The Deepin Software Center is already what Ubuntu Software Center hopes to achieve in the future- it is flashier and lets users use the same window to finish the basic packaging.
It has to be said, that the designing of the Center beats most design-conventions and borders on some brilliant visuals and user experience both of which are coming to Unix and co. for the first time.
However, available on Linux Deepin until now, the Deepin Software Center is expected to be available for all Ubuntu users, since it is slated for release before Dec 31st.
This will include Deepin Software Center version 2.0 and will arrive with the Linux Deepin by the End of the Year. It will come with Debian release package – .deb files as well as a PPA for Ubuntu.
Though, Deepin software Center, currently has some English support inconsistency, these are likely to be fixed by the time of release with Deeping Software Center version 2.0.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint : Sayonara is a small, clear and fast audio player for Linux written in C++, supported by the Qt frame...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu : Linux Kernel 3.12.4 has been officially released with fixes for inet6_init() cleanup order, seqlock ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates : Hi guys, Firefox 26 has been released for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Android devices. It brings m...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .