Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Linux 2.6.33 Kernel Released!
Now that Linus Torvalds is done rewiring part of his house, he has put out the Linux 2.6.33 kernel release. This update to the Linux kernel that’s coming three months after the release of Linux 2.6.32 delivers the Nouveau DRM GPU code in the staging area, many Radeon KMS improvements and it has left the staging area, the new VMware DRM, and much more.
Well, that’s mostly inside the GPU/DRM area. There are also ALSA improvements, support for thermal monitoring on recent AMD K10 chips, and various new drivers have also arrived.
At the start of the Linux 2.6.33 kernel development cycle we also launched the Phoromatic Kernel Tracker where the latest Linux 2.6 Git code is being benchmarked on a daily basis with a whole assortment of tests. If you head on over to kernel-tracker.phoromatic.com you can see how the performance has evolved each step of the way during the development of the Linux 2.6.33 kernel.
The Phoromatic Kernel Tracker will continue going forward with the Linux 2.6.34 kernel and if you have visited the tracker page in the past few days you will have noticed more systems appearing (including daily benchmarks of Btrfs!) and other changes taking place. Those Phoromatic Tracker changes will be announced in the coming days as the 2.6.34 development gets underway, but there’s even more exciting and useful information coming out of Phoromatic and the Phoronix Test Suite
The Linux 2.6.33 kernel release announcement by Linus can be read at LKML.org. for this next kernel release. Stay tuned!
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...1 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .