LightDM- 3D animated login screen for Ubuntu 11.10 oneiric ocelot
LightDM the new display manager for Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric, comes to replace the old GDM, LightDM is known as a ligher and more customizable one.
With the arrival of Ubuntu LightDM 11.10 Oneiric also came many new mockups, one of them was made famous by Robert Handmaids, a Canonical developer who created a 3D animation of the LightDM.
The 3D animation consist on creatures with our usernames moving on the screen, when you click on the one with your username he stops and give you the possibility to enter the password, see the video bellow for a clear overview how does it work.
Installation in Ubuntu 11.10:
Open terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:lightdm-team/crowd-greeter
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install crowd-greeter
sudo gedit /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
After installation is done, restart your computer.
VIA | lffl
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .