Latest Spotify makes music for the FaceBook
Spotify the music sharing software now goes social. At last count, it had 15 million tracks and growing by the hour. With a collection such as this Spotify music is available in a host of formats, and compatible with a host of media players. Listening and sharing music is as simple as on a jukebox but with a whole lot of
features packed in-tracks, playlists etc. As popular as Spotify is, the latest Spotify 0.6.1 is all set to taking this loved music tool to the next level.
Spotify goes social on new version
The latest updates to Linux client for Spotify includes features that, will launch it into the world of parallel internet, the Facebook.
Spotify will go from the commonly available online music player to becoming your personal music collection with this new connect to Facebook.
Presently the option is to play from your friend’s playlist and newer features are being added.
However, here is a very large word of CAUTION. The facebook updates need a whole lot of ironing and it could take a little longer, before they figure out why-
Bug: The Sound Menu support is broken and making Spotify crash
Play button continues to be in play mode,
Track information missing
Other New Features on Spotify 0.6.1
Spotify in the latest version updates most features and includes new features to work on Facebook.
After logging in using Spotify you will now have two options from which you can choose your music-
Top List – Top of the list songs, of your geographic area
Feed – list of track your Facebook friends are using
The newly added music posts and play buttons are included in the newsfeeds. The play button will begin to play the music and the new Music Dashboard will list the latest music for you. A ticker will list the trending music allowing you to choose something on that list or peek into your friend’s list and discover an all-time favorite, now forgotten.
Other Updates on Spotify
A new feature is the Radio, which is in addition to the earlier Artist Radio. Radio will simply play the genre of music you want to listen. Share button is now added to the music with tracks and playlists. Playlist Sharing will allow entire playlist to be shared with friends across all social media and Spotify itself.
Spotify is developed by the community, and moving it to the powerful Facebook format will only mean Spotify is going to become more massive and feature-rich.
Spotify for subscribers only
If you want Spotify on linux you will need to subscribe. Download instructions-
Ubuntu/Debian 32bit and 64bit can install the client by following these instructions:
1. Add this line to your list of repositories by editing your /etc/apt/sources.list
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
and add the following line:
deb http://repository.spotify.com stable non-free
2. If you want to verify the downloaded packages, # you will need to add our public key
sudo apt-key adv –keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com –recv-keys 4E9CFF4E
3. Run apt-get update
sudo apt-get update
4. Install spotify!
sudo apt-get install spotify-client-qt
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .