Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Latest Spotify makes music for the FaceBook
Spotify the music sharing software now goes social. At last count, it had 15 million tracks and growing by the hour. With a collection such as this Spotify music is available in a host of formats, and compatible with a host of media players. Listening and sharing music is as simple as on a jukebox but with a whole lot of
features packed in-tracks, playlists etc. As popular as Spotify is, the latest Spotify 0.6.1 is all set to taking this loved music tool to the next level.
Spotify goes social on new version
The latest updates to Linux client for Spotify includes features that, will launch it into the world of parallel internet, the Facebook.
Spotify will go from the commonly available online music player to becoming your personal music collection with this new connect to Facebook.
Presently the option is to play from your friend’s playlist and newer features are being added.
However, here is a very large word of CAUTION. The facebook updates need a whole lot of ironing and it could take a little longer, before they figure out why-
Bug: The Sound Menu support is broken and making Spotify crash
Play button continues to be in play mode,
Track information missing
Other New Features on Spotify 0.6.1
Spotify in the latest version updates most features and includes new features to work on Facebook.
After logging in using Spotify you will now have two options from which you can choose your music-
Top List – Top of the list songs, of your geographic area
Feed – list of track your Facebook friends are using
The newly added music posts and play buttons are included in the newsfeeds. The play button will begin to play the music and the new Music Dashboard will list the latest music for you. A ticker will list the trending music allowing you to choose something on that list or peek into your friend’s list and discover an all-time favorite, now forgotten.
Other Updates on Spotify
A new feature is the Radio, which is in addition to the earlier Artist Radio. Radio will simply play the genre of music you want to listen. Share button is now added to the music with tracks and playlists. Playlist Sharing will allow entire playlist to be shared with friends across all social media and Spotify itself.
Spotify is developed by the community, and moving it to the powerful Facebook format will only mean Spotify is going to become more massive and feature-rich.
Spotify for subscribers only
If you want Spotify on linux you will need to subscribe. Download instructions-
Ubuntu/Debian 32bit and 64bit can install the client by following these instructions:
1. Add this line to your list of repositories by editing your /etc/apt/sources.list
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
and add the following line:
deb http://repository.spotify.com stable non-free
2. If you want to verify the downloaded packages, # you will need to add our public key
sudo apt-key adv –keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com –recv-keys 4E9CFF4E
3. Run apt-get update
sudo apt-get update
4. Install spotify!
sudo apt-get install spotify-client-qt
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .