Latest Humble Indie Bundle out: 7-New Linux games make a debut
The Humble Indie Bundle 4 sales is on from 13Dec to 27 Dec. Offered online by Humble Bundle Inc., this bundle, for the first-time brings 7-New Epic games for Linux and other platforms Working on the principle of bringing games free of Digital Rights Management to gamers, Humble Bundle, Inc adopted the ‘users-pay-as-you-want’ model to offer the best of games in the industry on its maiden bundle, the Humble Indie Bundle (HID) 1. It included the World of Goo and as sales of this bundle crossed $1m in sales on debut, several popular games put their source codes on the public domain. This means that, the best of the games are now available on the open source format.
Humble Indie Bundle 4
HID 4, has for the first time in the history of the Humble Bundle Inc (HBI), optimized these games for several platforms, over and above the standard Windows platform. As these seven new Epic games make to the Linux platform, open source community has a lot to cheer!
Five Games and Two Bonus Games
HID 4 includes five major games-
Shank by Klei Entertainment and
Sales of these games have crossed the $1 million in just the first day, which is a first for HID sales.
Since16 Dec the soundtracks for all the games have been released.
These games are supported directly by the developers through regular and intermediate fixes.
To know more on system requirements go here.
First Linux build
HDI, have sought support from Linux gamers, as this is their first build of the seven Linux builds. 1.0 issue is to released as soon as developers are able to work on fixes for them.
HID 4 Charities
The major factor that has made HID-format popular, is the satisfaction game-buyers get of having contributed to a cause, close to their hearts. The USP of HID has been great experience contributors get by splitting their contribution amount with either developers or charities.
Each bundle offer is associated with a major charity and this time around for HID 4, buyers can make a contribution to the American Red Cross or to Child’s Play as well developers.
Platform-based contribution reveals following patterns
Linux (in blue)
Mac (in green) and
Windows (in purple)
Humble Bundles brings greater gaming to Linux
Humble Bundles has single-handled turned around the gaming industry on the Linux platform. It has provided the right platform for developers to develop and directly offer users, games across all platforms. Besides, it also provides developers a profitable business model, bringing in greater number of developers from outside the open source community as well.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Canonical Works with Cisco!
- Android Intercom: An Excellent Intercom App For Bikers Or Hiking Fans
- Install Google Talk Plugin In Fedora 20
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .