Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Latest Humble Indie Bundle out: 7-New Linux games make a debut
The Humble Indie Bundle 4 sales is on from 13Dec to 27 Dec. Offered online by Humble Bundle Inc., this bundle, for the first-time brings 7-New Epic games for Linux and other platforms Working on the principle of bringing games free of Digital Rights Management to gamers, Humble Bundle, Inc adopted the ‘users-pay-as-you-want’ model to offer the best of games in the industry on its maiden bundle, the Humble Indie Bundle (HID) 1. It included the World of Goo and as sales of this bundle crossed $1m in sales on debut, several popular games put their source codes on the public domain. This means that, the best of the games are now available on the open source format.
Humble Indie Bundle 4
HID 4, has for the first time in the history of the Humble Bundle Inc (HBI), optimized these games for several platforms, over and above the standard Windows platform. As these seven new Epic games make to the Linux platform, open source community has a lot to cheer!
Five Games and Two Bonus Games
HID 4 includes five major games-
Shank by Klei Entertainment and
Sales of these games have crossed the $1 million in just the first day, which is a first for HID sales.
Since16 Dec the soundtracks for all the games have been released.
These games are supported directly by the developers through regular and intermediate fixes.
To know more on system requirements go here.
First Linux build
HDI, have sought support from Linux gamers, as this is their first build of the seven Linux builds. 1.0 issue is to released as soon as developers are able to work on fixes for them.
HID 4 Charities
The major factor that has made HID-format popular, is the satisfaction game-buyers get of having contributed to a cause, close to their hearts. The USP of HID has been great experience contributors get by splitting their contribution amount with either developers or charities.
Each bundle offer is associated with a major charity and this time around for HID 4, buyers can make a contribution to the American Red Cross or to Child’s Play as well developers.
Platform-based contribution reveals following patterns
Linux (in blue)
Mac (in green) and
Windows (in purple)
Humble Bundles brings greater gaming to Linux
Humble Bundles has single-handled turned around the gaming industry on the Linux platform. It has provided the right platform for developers to develop and directly offer users, games across all platforms. Besides, it also provides developers a profitable business model, bringing in greater number of developers from outside the open source community as well.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .