Latest Humble Indie Bundle out: 7-New Linux games make a debut
The Humble Indie Bundle 4 sales is on from 13Dec to 27 Dec. Offered online by Humble Bundle Inc., this bundle, for the first-time brings 7-New Epic games for Linux and other platforms Working on the principle of bringing games free of Digital Rights Management to gamers, Humble Bundle, Inc adopted the ‘users-pay-as-you-want’ model to offer the best of games in the industry on its maiden bundle, the Humble Indie Bundle (HID) 1. It included the World of Goo and as sales of this bundle crossed $1m in sales on debut, several popular games put their source codes on the public domain. This means that, the best of the games are now available on the open source format.
Humble Indie Bundle 4
HID 4, has for the first time in the history of the Humble Bundle Inc (HBI), optimized these games for several platforms, over and above the standard Windows platform. As these seven new Epic games make to the Linux platform, open source community has a lot to cheer!
Five Games and Two Bonus Games
HID 4 includes five major games-
Shank by Klei Entertainment and
Sales of these games have crossed the $1 million in just the first day, which is a first for HID sales.
Since16 Dec the soundtracks for all the games have been released.
These games are supported directly by the developers through regular and intermediate fixes.
To know more on system requirements go here.
First Linux build
HDI, have sought support from Linux gamers, as this is their first build of the seven Linux builds. 1.0 issue is to released as soon as developers are able to work on fixes for them.
HID 4 Charities
The major factor that has made HID-format popular, is the satisfaction game-buyers get of having contributed to a cause, close to their hearts. The USP of HID has been great experience contributors get by splitting their contribution amount with either developers or charities.
Each bundle offer is associated with a major charity and this time around for HID 4, buyers can make a contribution to the American Red Cross or to Child’s Play as well developers.
Platform-based contribution reveals following patterns
Linux (in blue)
Mac (in green) and
Windows (in purple)
Humble Bundles brings greater gaming to Linux
Humble Bundles has single-handled turned around the gaming industry on the Linux platform. It has provided the right platform for developers to develop and directly offer users, games across all platforms. Besides, it also provides developers a profitable business model, bringing in greater number of developers from outside the open source community as well.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .