KDE Telepathy 0.6 beta released
KDE Telepathy is an instant messaging (IM) and voice over IP (VoIP) client for KDE desktop, which supports text, voice, video, file transfers, and inter-application communication over various IM protocols. As its name implies, the software uses the Telepathy framework as its backend. The developers behind this project have been doing an amazing work by adding some really nice features. Here’s the list based on David Edmundson’s post.
- Kopete log migration
- Clearer message notifications
- Better text editing
- Advanced notifications
- Improved password and security management
- More filtering plugins
- More than 70 bugs have been fixed since the previous version
So, this time you can:
Format your messages
Use web shortcuts
Embed Youtube videos
and much more …
KDE Telepathy is still under beta phase and can be found here. Any bugs you find, feel free to report them in KDE bug list. KDE is going great lately, lot’s of new ideas and inspiration, just a few weeks before the launch of GSOC 13. We are waiting the next big thing, which might be something like social networks integration in Plasma Workspaces.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- Canonical Works with Cisco! : The Ubuntu distribution is known to everybody nowadays, right? The company behind its development ...1 comment |
- Setup LDAP Server in CentOS, RHEL, Scientific linux 6.5/6.4/6.3 : In this tutorial we are going to setup LDAP server using 389 Directory Server. The 389 Directory Ser...0 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Download 11 Community Wallpapers Chosen For Ubuntu 14.04 “Trusty Tahr”
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS “Trusty Tahr” Default Wallpaper Revealed!
- Canonical Works with Cisco!
- Android Intercom: An Excellent Intercom App For Bikers Or Hiking Fans
- Install Google Talk Plugin In Fedora 20
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .