KDE Software Compilation 4.5.3 Released
KDE has released a series of updates to the Plasma Desktop and Netbook workspaces, the KDE Applications and the KDE Platform. This update is the third in a series of monthly stabilization updates to the 4.5 series. 4.5.3 brings bugfixes and translation updates on top of KDE SC 4.5 series and is a recommended update for everyone running 4.5.2 or earlier versions. As the release only contains bugfixes and translation updates, it will be a safe and pleasant update for everyone. KDE SC 4 is already translated into more than 55 languages, with more to come.
To download source code or packages to install go to the 4.5.3 Info Page.
4.5.3 brings a number of improvements:
- KSharedDataCache has cache invalidation bug fixed that caused stability when daylight saving time changed.
- Icon overlays in Dolphin are now positioned correctly after adjusting the zoom level.
- Okular, KDE’s universal document viewer has seen improvements in the DjVu and XPS backends.
The changelog lists more, if not all improvements since 4.5.2.
Note that the changelog is usually incomplete. For a complete list of changes that went into 4.5.3, you can browse the Subversion log. 4.5.3 also ships a more complete set of translations for many of the 55+ supported languages.
To find out more about the KDE 4.5 Workspace and Applications, please refer to the KDE SC 4.5.0, KDE SC 4.4.0, KDE SC 4.3.0,KDE SC 4.2.0, KDE SC 4.1.0 and KDE SC 4.0.0 release notes. 4.5.3 is a recommended update for everyone running KDE SC 4.5.2 or earlier versions.
KDE SC, including all its libraries and its applications, is available for free under Open Source licenses. KDE software can be obtained in source and various binary formats from http://download.kde.org or with any of the major GNU/Linux and UNIX systems shipping today.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .