KDE Software Compilation 4.5.3 Released
KDE has released a series of updates to the Plasma Desktop and Netbook workspaces, the KDE Applications and the KDE Platform. This update is the third in a series of monthly stabilization updates to the 4.5 series. 4.5.3 brings bugfixes and translation updates on top of KDE SC 4.5 series and is a recommended update for everyone running 4.5.2 or earlier versions. As the release only contains bugfixes and translation updates, it will be a safe and pleasant update for everyone. KDE SC 4 is already translated into more than 55 languages, with more to come.
To download source code or packages to install go to the 4.5.3 Info Page.
4.5.3 brings a number of improvements:
- KSharedDataCache has cache invalidation bug fixed that caused stability when daylight saving time changed.
- Icon overlays in Dolphin are now positioned correctly after adjusting the zoom level.
- Okular, KDE’s universal document viewer has seen improvements in the DjVu and XPS backends.
The changelog lists more, if not all improvements since 4.5.2.
Note that the changelog is usually incomplete. For a complete list of changes that went into 4.5.3, you can browse the Subversion log. 4.5.3 also ships a more complete set of translations for many of the 55+ supported languages.
To find out more about the KDE 4.5 Workspace and Applications, please refer to the KDE SC 4.5.0, KDE SC 4.4.0, KDE SC 4.3.0,KDE SC 4.2.0, KDE SC 4.1.0 and KDE SC 4.0.0 release notes. 4.5.3 is a recommended update for everyone running KDE SC 4.5.2 or earlier versions.
KDE SC, including all its libraries and its applications, is available for free under Open Source licenses. KDE software can be obtained in source and various binary formats from http://download.kde.org or with any of the major GNU/Linux and UNIX systems shipping today.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .