KDE 4.4.5 in Chakra Linux
Chakra GNU/Linux 0.2.4 now features the new kernel 126.96.36.199-2 with LZMA support, the new version KDE SC 4.4.5 and, of course, the new drivers from AMD and Nvidia, respectively ATI Catalyst 10.8 and Nvidia 256 and Nvidia Legacy series (the last official version is 260.19.21 and it was released on 11.11.2010, fixing some issues with OpenGL crashes). It also features Xorg Server 1.7.7, which will be the last version in the 1.7 series.
KDE SC 4.4.5 brings a number of improvements:
- Several bugs in encoding and refreshing in Konsole have been fixed
- A couple of crashes in Okular’s PDF viewer have been fixed
- Alarms have received some fixes in KDE PIM
The changelog lists more, if not all improvements since KDE SC 4.4.4. There are no more scheduled releases in the 4.4 series. The next feature release will be KDE SC 4.5.0, to be released in August this year.
To enjoy Chakra Linux please Download it from this link
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...1 comment |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .