Joli OS 1.2 release! With screenshots Tours
Joli OS 1.2, a new name of an Ubuntu-based distribution formerly known as Jolicloud, has been released, this new release comes with many new features and improvements, features like application sharing (the little star) can now be found more easily, also a lots of cool new wallpapers has been included. Now you can easily create your own applications in seconds; just type in the URL of your favorite site and Jolicloud will add it as an application to your Launcher. You can even share your creations with friends. Link your Dropbox account to your Jolicloud and access your files from any instance of your Jolicloud desktop
Jolicloud is an Ubuntu-based Linux distribution for netbooks. It is geared towards extreme user-friendliness so that any computer user can install it with just one click. Besides the standard ISO image, the distribution is also provided as a Windows executable file which can resize an existing Windows partition and install Jolicloud as an alternative operating system. Other Jolicloud features include heavy orientation towards web application and services, online backup option, web-based software installation interface, inclusion of proprietary hardware drivers and non-free media codecs, and extensive social networking features.
The latest Joli OS 1.2 also allows users to access their personal desktop from any HTML5 capable browser the the aim to offer a continuous desktop experience on multiple devices. If you own multiple computers running Joli OS they will be automatically synchronised.
Joli OS 1.2 Features:
- New Startup Experience : redesigned the boot and login screens.
- Guest Mode to let your friends safely borrow your computer
- New File Browser :You can browse your local and external files (USB keys, SD cards, hard drives)
- Continuous Desktop Experience: All Joli OS users can access their personal desktop from any HTML5 capable browser; The goal is to offer a continuous desktop experience on multiple devices. If you own multiple computers running Joli OS they will be automatically synchronized.
- Auto-Login: automatically log into your session on start-up.
- Performance Improvements : improved the update management process. Your updates will now download automatically in the background and if you want, you can choose to delay them until you’ve finished your session.
Download Joli OS 1.2 from this link
JoliOS 1.2 screenshots Tour