Joli OS 1.2 release! With screenshots Tours
Joli OS 1.2, a new name of an Ubuntu-based distribution formerly known as Jolicloud, has been released, this new release comes with many new features and improvements, features like application sharing (the little star) can now be found more easily, also a lots of cool new wallpapers has been included. Now you can easily create your own applications in seconds; just type in the URL of your favorite site and Jolicloud will add it as an application to your Launcher. You can even share your creations with friends. Link your Dropbox account to your Jolicloud and access your files from any instance of your Jolicloud desktop
Jolicloud is an Ubuntu-based Linux distribution for netbooks. It is geared towards extreme user-friendliness so that any computer user can install it with just one click. Besides the standard ISO image, the distribution is also provided as a Windows executable file which can resize an existing Windows partition and install Jolicloud as an alternative operating system. Other Jolicloud features include heavy orientation towards web application and services, online backup option, web-based software installation interface, inclusion of proprietary hardware drivers and non-free media codecs, and extensive social networking features.
The latest Joli OS 1.2 also allows users to access their personal desktop from any HTML5 capable browser the the aim to offer a continuous desktop experience on multiple devices. If you own multiple computers running Joli OS they will be automatically synchronised.
Joli OS 1.2 Features:
- New Startup Experience : redesigned the boot and login screens.
- Guest Mode to let your friends safely borrow your computer
- New File Browser :You can browse your local and external files (USB keys, SD cards, hard drives)
- Continuous Desktop Experience: All Joli OS users can access their personal desktop from any HTML5 capable browser; The goal is to offer a continuous desktop experience on multiple devices. If you own multiple computers running Joli OS they will be automatically synchronized.
- Auto-Login: automatically log into your session on start-up.
- Performance Improvements : improved the update management process. Your updates will now download automatically in the background and if you want, you can choose to delay them until you’ve finished your session.
Download Joli OS 1.2 from this link
JoliOS 1.2 screenshots Tour
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...0 comments |
- Canonical Works with Cisco! : The Ubuntu distribution is known to everybody nowadays, right? The company behind its development ...1 comment |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- Setup LDAP Server in CentOS, RHEL, Scientific linux 6.5/6.4/6.3 : In this tutorial we are going to setup LDAP server using 389 Directory Server. The 389 Directory Ser...0 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Download 11 Community Wallpapers Chosen For Ubuntu 14.04 “Trusty Tahr”
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS “Trusty Tahr” Default Wallpaper Revealed!
- Canonical Works with Cisco!
- Android Intercom: An Excellent Intercom App For Bikers Or Hiking Fans
- Install Google Talk Plugin In Fedora 20
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .