Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Internet connection is very slow on Karmic Koala-Solution-
One of the big bugs (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/433972) on Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic koala is the slow internet connection, i have a connection of 25Mo/s and even that it take too long to load a page, at the begining i tought that was something wrong with my router or with my wireless card untill i discovered that is a known bug in karmic koala and there are many people fronting th same problem as me. I found a solution somewhere, and has worked for me for the moment. Please try it and report if worked for you also.
1. Right-click on ‘Network Icon’ (located at top-right panel by default) and click on ‘Edit Connections’ to open Network Connections Manager.
Network Manager :
2. Choose the type of connection you have. For this example, in my case “Wireless”, select the connexion (My case Auto unixmen) and click Edit
3- Inside editing ” auto unixmen wireless” click on ‘IPv4 Settings’ tab.
4. Under ‘IPv4 Settings’, change the ‘Method’ to Automatic (DHCP) addresses only.
6. Put these nameserver addresses as your ‘DNS Servers’: 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52
7. Click ‘OK’ and reboot your machine. You can then visit http://welcome.opendns.com to confirm you are using OpenDNS. (Need registration)
To avoid having your settings get revoked after reboots, or after periods of inactivity you may need to make the following changes via the command line:
$ sudo cp /etc/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf.auto
$ gksudo gedit /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf
# append the following line to the document
prepend domain-name-servers 184.108.40.206,220.127.116.11;
# save and exit
$ sudo ifdown eth0 && sudo ifup eth0
You may be required to change eth0 to your own network device’s name if it uses a non-standard name.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...2 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- How to install uTorrent client on Ubuntu / Debian / Linux Mint
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
- How To: Disable or Enable Guest Account in Ubuntu 13.04
- Setup Your Own YouTube Like Website Using ClipBucket
- Retroshare: A Next Generation Secure Communication and File Sharing Platform
- How to Block Ads on Your Web Browsers Using Privoxy
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .