Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Install Microsoft core fonts on Linux
In Linux,for some distributions by default, does not include Microsoft core fonts in its installation (for exemple : Ubuntu), to have them on your ubuntu, you will need to install the msttcorefonts package.
The msttcorefonts package include the True type microsoft fonts the most used, and that everybody expect to fnd them when somebody want to write a document :
Arial (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
Comic Sans MS (Bold)
Courier New (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
Georgia (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
Times New Roman (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)for opensuse zypper install
Trebuchet (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
Verdana (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
The installation is quit easy, just one command you will need to type :
For Ubuntu (Ubuntu8.04,8.10,9.04) use the command just copy the whole lines and past on your terminal)
sudo mkdir -p
/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1 && sudo apt-get install
msttcorefonts && sudo apt-get install ttf-larabie-straight
ttf-larabie-deco mplayer-fonts xfonts-terminus-dos xfonts-terminus
xfonts-terminus-oblique xfonts-mona tv-fonts ttf-tuffy ttf-sjfonts
ttf-sil-padauk ttf-sil-ezra ttf-paktype ttf-georgewilliams
ttf-fifthhorseman-dkg-handwriting ttf-farsiweb ttf-essays1743
ttf-opensymbol ttf-nafees ttf-mgopen ttf-gentium ttf-freefont
ttf-dustin ttf-devanagari-fonts ttf-dejavu-extra ttf-dejavu-core
ttf-dejavu ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts ttf-bitstream-vera ttf-alee
For Fedora, under root use the command :
yum install msttcorefonts
For Mandriva, under root use the command :
For opensuse, under root use the command
zypper install msttcorefonts
After the installation you will have to logout and login again so that changes will take effects.
If you have another true font and you want to install it, just try to copy the font files to the ~/.fonts/ directory.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .