Install Microsoft core fonts on Linux
In Linux,for some distributions by default, does not include Microsoft core fonts in its installation (for exemple : Ubuntu), to have them on your ubuntu, you will need to install the msttcorefonts package.
The msttcorefonts package include the True type microsoft fonts the most used, and that everybody expect to fnd them when somebody want to write a document :
Arial (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
Comic Sans MS (Bold)
Courier New (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
Georgia (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
Times New Roman (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)for opensuse zypper install
Trebuchet (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
Verdana (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
The installation is quit easy, just one command you will need to type :
For Ubuntu (Ubuntu8.04,8.10,9.04) use the command just copy the whole lines and past on your terminal)
sudo mkdir -p
/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1 && sudo apt-get install
msttcorefonts && sudo apt-get install ttf-larabie-straight
ttf-larabie-deco mplayer-fonts xfonts-terminus-dos xfonts-terminus
xfonts-terminus-oblique xfonts-mona tv-fonts ttf-tuffy ttf-sjfonts
ttf-sil-padauk ttf-sil-ezra ttf-paktype ttf-georgewilliams
ttf-fifthhorseman-dkg-handwriting ttf-farsiweb ttf-essays1743
ttf-opensymbol ttf-nafees ttf-mgopen ttf-gentium ttf-freefont
ttf-dustin ttf-devanagari-fonts ttf-dejavu-extra ttf-dejavu-core
ttf-dejavu ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts ttf-bitstream-vera ttf-alee
For Fedora, under root use the command :
yum install msttcorefonts
For Mandriva, under root use the command :
For opensuse, under root use the command
zypper install msttcorefonts
After the installation you will have to logout and login again so that changes will take effects.
If you have another true font and you want to install it, just try to copy the font files to the ~/.fonts/ directory.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .