Install Microsoft core fonts on Linux
In Linux,for some distributions by default, does not include Microsoft core fonts in its installation (for exemple : Ubuntu), to have them on your ubuntu, you will need to install the msttcorefonts package.
The msttcorefonts package include the True type microsoft fonts the most used, and that everybody expect to fnd them when somebody want to write a document :
Arial (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
Comic Sans MS (Bold)
Courier New (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
Georgia (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
Times New Roman (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)for opensuse zypper install
Trebuchet (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
Verdana (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
The installation is quit easy, just one command you will need to type :
For Ubuntu (Ubuntu8.04,8.10,9.04) use the command just copy the whole lines and past on your terminal)
sudo mkdir -p
/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1 && sudo apt-get install
msttcorefonts && sudo apt-get install ttf-larabie-straight
ttf-larabie-deco mplayer-fonts xfonts-terminus-dos xfonts-terminus
xfonts-terminus-oblique xfonts-mona tv-fonts ttf-tuffy ttf-sjfonts
ttf-sil-padauk ttf-sil-ezra ttf-paktype ttf-georgewilliams
ttf-fifthhorseman-dkg-handwriting ttf-farsiweb ttf-essays1743
ttf-opensymbol ttf-nafees ttf-mgopen ttf-gentium ttf-freefont
ttf-dustin ttf-devanagari-fonts ttf-dejavu-extra ttf-dejavu-core
ttf-dejavu ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts ttf-bitstream-vera ttf-alee
For Fedora, under root use the command :
yum install msttcorefonts
For Mandriva, under root use the command :
For opensuse, under root use the command
zypper install msttcorefonts
After the installation you will have to logout and login again so that changes will take effects.
If you have another true font and you want to install it, just try to copy the font files to the ~/.fonts/ directory.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...0 comments |
- Canonical Works with Cisco! : The Ubuntu distribution is known to everybody nowadays, right? The company behind its development ...1 comment |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- Setup LDAP Server in CentOS, RHEL, Scientific linux 6.5/6.4/6.3 : In this tutorial we are going to setup LDAP server using 389 Directory Server. The 389 Directory Ser...0 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Download 11 Community Wallpapers Chosen For Ubuntu 14.04 “Trusty Tahr”
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS “Trusty Tahr” Default Wallpaper Revealed!
- Canonical Works with Cisco!
- Android Intercom: An Excellent Intercom App For Bikers Or Hiking Fans
- Install Google Talk Plugin In Fedora 20
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .