Installing Gnome Tweak Tool on Natty
If you’ve been a follower of the Gnome Shell development, you’re most likely aware that there isn’t any ‘GUI’ tool available to customize the interface itself. Some of these customizations may include changing the basic GTK+ theme, or perhaps, switching the icons and so on…
However, a generous developer has created the ‘GNOME Tweak Tool’ for this exact reason. It’s a ‘power user’ application you can use to tweak Gnome 3’.But if you ask me, this tool can be of plenty assistance not just to power users, but all Gnome users in whole.
Note: You can use this tool only if you have Gnome3 installed in ubuntu Natty.
Some of the highlighted features from its own website:
- Install and switch gnome-shell themes
- Switch gtk themes
- Switch icon themes
- Change he user-interface and titlebar fonts
- Icons in menus and buttons
- Behavior on laptop lid close
- Shell font size
Titlebar click action
Shell clock to show date
Font hinting and antialiasing
The tool itself doesn’t come by default with Gnome 3, but it’s not too hard to install either. You just need the gnome3-team/gnome3 ppa added. If you already don’t have it, start with executing the following.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gnome3-team/gnome3
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gnome-tweak-tool
That’s all there’s to it. The application itself is very friendly to use and you’ll find that almost every aspect of the user interface is customizable. Well then, happy modifications!
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .