Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Installing Gnome Tweak Tool on Natty
If you’ve been a follower of the Gnome Shell development, you’re most likely aware that there isn’t any ‘GUI’ tool available to customize the interface itself. Some of these customizations may include changing the basic GTK+ theme, or perhaps, switching the icons and so on…
However, a generous developer has created the ‘GNOME Tweak Tool’ for this exact reason. It’s a ‘power user’ application you can use to tweak Gnome 3’.But if you ask me, this tool can be of plenty assistance not just to power users, but all Gnome users in whole.
Note: You can use this tool only if you have Gnome3 installed in ubuntu Natty.
Some of the highlighted features from its own website:
- Install and switch gnome-shell themes
- Switch gtk themes
- Switch icon themes
- Change he user-interface and titlebar fonts
- Icons in menus and buttons
- Behavior on laptop lid close
- Shell font size
Titlebar click action
Shell clock to show date
Font hinting and antialiasing
The tool itself doesn’t come by default with Gnome 3, but it’s not too hard to install either. You just need the gnome3-team/gnome3 ppa added. If you already don’t have it, start with executing the following.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gnome3-team/gnome3
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gnome-tweak-tool
That’s all there’s to it. The application itself is very friendly to use and you’ll find that almost every aspect of the user interface is customizable. Well then, happy modifications!
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .