Installing Cairo Dock 3.2.1 in Ubuntu 13.04
Some new features in Cairo Dock 3.2.1 include the improvement of the multi-screen support, distant folders (Samba, FTP, etc.) and encrypted disks can be handled in the shortcuts applet. The new Screenshot applet enables you to take screenshots at a click from the dock. Also the new plug-in Sound-Effects adds some funny sounds to actions performed on icons.
$ sudo apt-get install cairo-dock
Open Dash and type Cairo or Cairo Dock. There are two options to choose.
Running Cairo Dock for the first time, select “Yes” and also check “Remember this choice” if you wish to.
Here is your Cairo Dock neatly displayed.
To add more functionality to your dock:
1. Right-click on the dock
2. Move to Cairo Dock in the pop-up menu
3. Then select Configure
4. Now you can make changes to suit yourself
To find the version of Cairo Dock currently installed, just right-click on the dock. Cairo-Dock > About.
For other Linux distributions see the Official website.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .