Installing Cairo Dock 3.2.1 in Ubuntu 13.04
Some new features in Cairo Dock 3.2.1 include the improvement of the multi-screen support, distant folders (Samba, FTP, etc.) and encrypted disks can be handled in the shortcuts applet. The new Screenshot applet enables you to take screenshots at a click from the dock. Also the new plug-in Sound-Effects adds some funny sounds to actions performed on icons.
$ sudo apt-get install cairo-dock
Open Dash and type Cairo or Cairo Dock. There are two options to choose.
Running Cairo Dock for the first time, select “Yes” and also check “Remember this choice” if you wish to.
Here is your Cairo Dock neatly displayed.
To add more functionality to your dock:
1. Right-click on the dock
2. Move to Cairo Dock in the pop-up menu
3. Then select Configure
4. Now you can make changes to suit yourself
To find the version of Cairo Dock currently installed, just right-click on the dock. Cairo-Dock > About.
For other Linux distributions see the Official website.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released! : TeamViewer is a commercial all-in-one software that can be used for remote control, desktop sharing,...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .