Howto install Proftpd on CentOS/RHEL/Fedora
Proftpd is anyone applications for transfer file using FTP (File Transfer Protocol). Proftpd using for download or upload file in to server. Before installation make sure gcc package have installed, for installation follow this posting.
1. Make Sure gcc package have installed.
[root@localhost ~]# rpm -qa gcc*
2. Download proftpd.
[root@localhost downloads]# wget ftp://ftp.proftpd.org/distrib/source/proftpd-1.3.xxx.tar.gz
yum install proftpd
3. Extract your proftpd have downloaded.
[root@localhost downloads]# tar zxvf proftpd-1.3.xx.tar.gz
[root@localhost downloads]# cd proftpd-1.3.xx.
4. Install proftpd
[root@localhost proftpd-1.3.2rc1]# ./configure
[root@localhost proftpd-1.3.2rc1]# make
[root@localhost proftpd-1.3.2rc1]# make install
5. Making proftpd user
[root@localhost proftpd-1.3.xx]# useradd proftpd -s /dev/null
6. Making ftp directory
[root@localhost proftpd-1.3.xx]# mkdir /home/ftp
7. Edit this line for setting proftpd.
and try to change these lines
[root@localhost proftpd-1.3.2rc1]# nano /usr/local/etc/proftpd.conf
# This is a basic ProFTPD configuration file (rename it to
# ‘proftpd.conf’ for actual use. It establishes a single server
# and a single anonymous login. It assumes that you have a user/group
# “nobody” and “ftp” for normal operation and anon.
ServerName “ProFTPD centos”
# Port 21 is the standard FTP port.
# Don’t use IPv6 support by default.
# UseIPv6 off
# Umask 022 is a good standard umask to prevent new dirs and files
# from being group and world writable.
# To prevent DoS attacks, set the maximum number of child processes
# to 30. If you need to allow more than 30 concurrent connections
# at once, simply increase this value. Note that this ONLY works
# in standalone mode, in inetd mode you should use an inetd server
# that allows you to limit maximum number of processes per service
# (such as xinetd).
# Set the user and group under which the server will run.
# To cause every FTP user to be “jailed” (chrooted) into their home
# directory, uncomment this line.
# Normally, we want files to be overwriteable.
# Bar use of SITE CHMOD by default
# A basic anonymous configuration, no upload directories. If you do not
# want anonymous users, simply delete this entire section.
# We want clients to be able to login with “anonymous” as well as “ftp”
UserAlias anonymous ftp
# Limit the maximum number of anonymous logins
# We want ‘welcome.msg’ displayed at login, and ‘.message’ displayed
# in each newly chdired directory.
save and exit
check if ftp is running with ps -ef | grep proftpd
from the same machine
from other windows machine :
Pirat9 from the Unixmen team
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...1 comment |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released! : TeamViewer is a commercial all-in-one software that can be used for remote control, desktop sharing,...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .