Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Howto install Proftpd on CentOS/RHEL/Fedora
Proftpd is anyone applications for transfer file using FTP (File Transfer Protocol). Proftpd using for download or upload file in to server. Before installation make sure gcc package have installed, for installation follow this posting.
1. Make Sure gcc package have installed.
[root@localhost ~]# rpm -qa gcc*
2. Download proftpd.
[root@localhost downloads]# wget ftp://ftp.proftpd.org/distrib/source/proftpd-1.3.xxx.tar.gz
yum install proftpd
3. Extract your proftpd have downloaded.
[root@localhost downloads]# tar zxvf proftpd-1.3.xx.tar.gz
[root@localhost downloads]# cd proftpd-1.3.xx.
4. Install proftpd
[root@localhost proftpd-1.3.2rc1]# ./configure
[root@localhost proftpd-1.3.2rc1]# make
[root@localhost proftpd-1.3.2rc1]# make install
5. Making proftpd user
[root@localhost proftpd-1.3.xx]# useradd proftpd -s /dev/null
6. Making ftp directory
[root@localhost proftpd-1.3.xx]# mkdir /home/ftp
7. Edit this line for setting proftpd.
and try to change these lines
[root@localhost proftpd-1.3.2rc1]# nano /usr/local/etc/proftpd.conf
# This is a basic ProFTPD configuration file (rename it to
# ‘proftpd.conf’ for actual use. It establishes a single server
# and a single anonymous login. It assumes that you have a user/group
# “nobody” and “ftp” for normal operation and anon.
ServerName “ProFTPD centos”
# Port 21 is the standard FTP port.
# Don’t use IPv6 support by default.
# UseIPv6 off
# Umask 022 is a good standard umask to prevent new dirs and files
# from being group and world writable.
# To prevent DoS attacks, set the maximum number of child processes
# to 30. If you need to allow more than 30 concurrent connections
# at once, simply increase this value. Note that this ONLY works
# in standalone mode, in inetd mode you should use an inetd server
# that allows you to limit maximum number of processes per service
# (such as xinetd).
# Set the user and group under which the server will run.
# To cause every FTP user to be “jailed” (chrooted) into their home
# directory, uncomment this line.
# Normally, we want files to be overwriteable.
# Bar use of SITE CHMOD by default
# A basic anonymous configuration, no upload directories. If you do not
# want anonymous users, simply delete this entire section.
# We want clients to be able to login with “anonymous” as well as “ftp”
UserAlias anonymous ftp
# Limit the maximum number of anonymous logins
# We want ‘welcome.msg’ displayed at login, and ‘.message’ displayed
# in each newly chdired directory.
save and exit
check if ftp is running with ps -ef | grep proftpd
from the same machine
from other windows machine :
Pirat9 from the Unixmen team
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...2 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
- How To: Disable or Enable Guest Account in Ubuntu 13.04
- Setup Your Own YouTube Like Website Using ClipBucket
- Retroshare: A Next Generation Secure Communication and File Sharing Platform
- How to Block Ads on Your Web Browsers Using Privoxy
- Basic mplayer Usage from Command-Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .