Howto install Proftpd on CentOS/RHEL/Fedora
Proftpd is anyone applications for transfer file using FTP (File Transfer Protocol). Proftpd using for download or upload file in to server. Before installation make sure gcc package have installed, for installation follow this posting.
1. Make Sure gcc package have installed.
[root@localhost ~]# rpm -qa gcc*
2. Download proftpd.
[root@localhost downloads]# wget ftp://ftp.proftpd.org/distrib/source/proftpd-1.3.xxx.tar.gz
yum install proftpd
3. Extract your proftpd have downloaded.
[root@localhost downloads]# tar zxvf proftpd-1.3.xx.tar.gz
[root@localhost downloads]# cd proftpd-1.3.xx.
4. Install proftpd
[root@localhost proftpd-1.3.2rc1]# ./configure
[root@localhost proftpd-1.3.2rc1]# make
[root@localhost proftpd-1.3.2rc1]# make install
5. Making proftpd user
[root@localhost proftpd-1.3.xx]# useradd proftpd -s /dev/null
6. Making ftp directory
[root@localhost proftpd-1.3.xx]# mkdir /home/ftp
7. Edit this line for setting proftpd.
and try to change these lines
[root@localhost proftpd-1.3.2rc1]# nano /usr/local/etc/proftpd.conf
# This is a basic ProFTPD configuration file (rename it to
# ‘proftpd.conf’ for actual use. It establishes a single server
# and a single anonymous login. It assumes that you have a user/group
# “nobody” and “ftp” for normal operation and anon.
ServerName “ProFTPD centos”
# Port 21 is the standard FTP port.
# Don’t use IPv6 support by default.
# UseIPv6 off
# Umask 022 is a good standard umask to prevent new dirs and files
# from being group and world writable.
# To prevent DoS attacks, set the maximum number of child processes
# to 30. If you need to allow more than 30 concurrent connections
# at once, simply increase this value. Note that this ONLY works
# in standalone mode, in inetd mode you should use an inetd server
# that allows you to limit maximum number of processes per service
# (such as xinetd).
# Set the user and group under which the server will run.
# To cause every FTP user to be “jailed” (chrooted) into their home
# directory, uncomment this line.
# Normally, we want files to be overwriteable.
# Bar use of SITE CHMOD by default
# A basic anonymous configuration, no upload directories. If you do not
# want anonymous users, simply delete this entire section.
# We want clients to be able to login with “anonymous” as well as “ftp”
UserAlias anonymous ftp
# Limit the maximum number of anonymous logins
# We want ‘welcome.msg’ displayed at login, and ‘.message’ displayed
# in each newly chdired directory.
save and exit
check if ftp is running with ps -ef | grep proftpd
from the same machine
from other windows machine :
Pirat9 from the Unixmen team
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...2 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .