Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Install webmin on Redhat, Fedora, CentOS
Webmin is a web-based interface for system administration for Unix/. Using any modern web browser, you can setup user accounts, Apache, DNS, file sharing and much more. Webmin removes the need to manually edit Unix configuration files like /etc/passwd, and lets you manage a system from the console or remotelyyou can also create backups for the system and restore.
Webmin is very usefull also for people that they run their own home server, and are not very good using the command line, webmin will help you administer your server with a graphic interface.
To install webmin on redhat,fedora, and CentOS :
First check for some dependencies if are installed
yum install perl-Net-SSLeay
Now download latest version of webmin 1.480 :
Now install :
rpm -i webmin-1.480-1.noarch.rpm
Now to run webmin localy type :
To login to another system remotely :
Note that many operating systems block by default port 10000, so if you can not login to webmin in your remote server ,follow step bellow to resolve it :
Login to your server via ssh ,and manually edit the firewall configuration file. On Redhat and derived systems, this is /etc/sysconfig/iptables
and add this line :
-A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 10000 -j ACCEPT
It should be added in the file just after similar lines which grant access to ports 80, 22 and so on.
Now restart your iptables.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- How to disable/change default PDF viewer in Mozilla Firefox
- Dictionaries in Python
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
- How To: Disable or Enable Guest Account in Ubuntu 13.04
- Setup Your Own YouTube Like Website Using ClipBucket
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .