Install VLC On OpenSUSE 12.2 And 12.3
VLC media player (initially VideoLAN Client) is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG, DivX/Xvid, Ogg, and many more) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. However in recent years it has also become a extremely powerful server to stream live and on demand video in several formats to our network and the Internet. VLC is made by the non-profit foundation VideoLAN.
It is started as a student project at the French École Centrale, Paris but is now a worldwide project with developers from 20 countries or more).
VLC is built in a modular way. This means that you can choose from a range of different modules to decide how to control VLC and how to display the video output.
VLC in not the default player in OpenSUSE, and doesn’t exist in the standard repository of OpenSUSE, so how do you install it on your machine?
For OpenSUSE 12.3:
$ sudo zypper ar http://download.videolan.org/pub/vlc/SuSE/12.3 VLC $ sudo zypper mr -r VLC $ sudo zypper in vlc
For OpenSUSE 12.2:
$ sudo zypper ar http://download.videolan.org/pub/vlc/SuSE/12.2 VLC $ sudo zypper mr -r VLC $ sudo zypper in vlc
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10 : Introduction Fail2Ban is an intrusion prevention framework written in the Python programming l...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful : Running a business can be very stressful. You have to think about team collaboration, making sure th...0 comments |
- install Git in Ubuntu : Git is a distributed revision control system with an emphasis on speed. Git was initially designed a...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5 : I will show you in this tutorial how to install your first cluster Corosync and the Linux Cluster Ma...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
- Linux Basics: Zypper Usage On openSUSE
- GNOME’s 3.12 supports Google Cloud Print
- How to enable 32-bit support for 64-bit Ubuntu 13.10 or greater
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .