Install VLC Media Player 2.2 on Ubuntu
Hi guys. I am going to teach you how to install VLC Media Player today using the Ubuntu PPA. I think that there are many people out there that do not know what VLC Media Player is or they use it but do not have the exact information about it.
VLC Media Player is an open-source multimedia player. It supports many file formats as well as DVD, CD and VCD. The great thing about VLC Media Player is that it is portable and also cross-platform. A very important thing you should know about it is that it can be used to stream audio and video over networks, and you have the choice to choose between a myriad of protocols.
There are many things I did not know about VLC Media Player and I learned along the way. Do you want to know some more things about VLC Media Player? Yes, I know you want to because this is the reason why you guys visit Unixmen.
Below are listed some other cool things you can do with VLC Media Player:
- View and download YouTube videos
- Convert video into different formats
- Listen to and download music online
- Record video with your webcam
- Sync your audio/video
Now, time to install VLC Media Player and do not forget to share your thoughts and knowledge about it in the comments so we can also learn from you guys.
VLC Media Player Features:
- Simple, fast and powerful media player
- Plays everything: Files, Discs, Webcams, Devices and Streams
- Plays most codecs with no codec packs needed
- MPEG-2, DivX, H.264, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3
- Runs on all platforms: Windows OS, Linux, Unix and Mac OS
- Completely free of spyware, ads and no user tracking
- Media conversion and streaming
How to install VLC Media Player 2.2. on Ubuntu? Ok, open a new terminal and type the commands exactly as shown in Figure 1, Figure 2 and Figure 3.
Add the repository.
Install VLC Media Player.
Ok guys, that’s it.
Now I am going to do some research for another article. While I am working on another article you can share your thoughts in the comments.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal : From github repo nsnake is a clone of the classic snake game that we all used to play on our cellp...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .