Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Install Ubuntu 9.04 and ubuntu9.10 Karmic koala on a PC with Nvidia graphic card
Before to start, if you want to install Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope in a pc with other grafic card than Nvidia then go here.For Nvidia cards , Many peoples who have a PC with Nvidia graphic cards find the problem to install Ubuntu on their pc, happen that when you try to run ubuntu live cd on a your pc with nvidia graphic card, you got a black screen, or when you try to install it directly, you got the same thing. In this tutorial we will explain you the steps you will have to follow to install first your Ubuntu and then install your Nvidia graphic card( in my computer I got Nvidia 8400GS). You can follow the same steps in this tutorial if you want to install Ubuntu9.10 karmic koala in a PC with Nvidia graphic card but you got a black screen (black screen after x splash). So If you got this issue before with Jaunty you will have it also when you will try to install ubuntu9.10 Karmic Koala (did happen to me with Nvidia 8400 GS).
If you don`t got black screen and you can access to your ubuntu but you want just to install nvidia drivers ,then please do this before to continue reading the rest of the tutorial:
If you tried before to install the nvidia drivers from the website nvidia.com , then make sure that the driver from nvidia.com are not installed, use the command bellow to unstall drivers from nvidia.com.
sudo sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-180.51-pk1.run -uninstall
Related Articles :
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .