Install Ubuntu 9.04 and ubuntu9.10 Karmic koala on a PC with Nvidia graphic card
Before to start, if you want to install Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope in a pc with other grafic card than Nvidia then go here.For Nvidia cards , Many peoples who have a PC with Nvidia graphic cards find the problem to install Ubuntu on their pc, happen that when you try to run ubuntu live cd on a your pc with nvidia graphic card, you got a black screen, or when you try to install it directly, you got the same thing. In this tutorial we will explain you the steps you will have to follow to install first your Ubuntu and then install your Nvidia graphic card( in my computer I got Nvidia 8400GS). You can follow the same steps in this tutorial if you want to install Ubuntu9.10 karmic koala in a PC with Nvidia graphic card but you got a black screen (black screen after x splash). So If you got this issue before with Jaunty you will have it also when you will try to install ubuntu9.10 Karmic Koala (did happen to me with Nvidia 8400 GS).
If you don`t got black screen and you can access to your ubuntu but you want just to install nvidia drivers ,then please do this before to continue reading the rest of the tutorial:
If you tried before to install the nvidia drivers from the website nvidia.com , then make sure that the driver from nvidia.com are not installed, use the command bellow to unstall drivers from nvidia.com.
sudo sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-180.51-pk1.run -uninstall
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .