Install Ubuntu 9.04 and ubuntu9.10 Karmic koala on a PC with Nvidia graphic card
Before to start, if you want to install Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope in a pc with other grafic card than Nvidia then go here.For Nvidia cards , Many peoples who have a PC with Nvidia graphic cards find the problem to install Ubuntu on their pc, happen that when you try to run ubuntu live cd on a your pc with nvidia graphic card, you got a black screen, or when you try to install it directly, you got the same thing. In this tutorial we will explain you the steps you will have to follow to install first your Ubuntu and then install your Nvidia graphic card( in my computer I got Nvidia 8400GS). You can follow the same steps in this tutorial if you want to install Ubuntu9.10 karmic koala in a PC with Nvidia graphic card but you got a black screen (black screen after x splash). So If you got this issue before with Jaunty you will have it also when you will try to install ubuntu9.10 Karmic Koala (did happen to me with Nvidia 8400 GS).
If you don`t got black screen and you can access to your ubuntu but you want just to install nvidia drivers ,then please do this before to continue reading the rest of the tutorial:
If you tried before to install the nvidia drivers from the website nvidia.com , then make sure that the driver from nvidia.com are not installed, use the command bellow to unstall drivers from nvidia.com.
sudo sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-180.51-pk1.run -uninstall
Related Articles :
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .