install Ubuntu 8.10 on USB
Install Ubuntu to USB via the USB Creator:
This Tutorial will help you to nstall Ubuntu 8.10 on a USB flash drive
Download the Ubuntu 8.10 ISO and burn it to a CD
- Restart your computer, booting from the Live CD
- Insert a 1GB or larger USB flash drive
- Navigate to System > Administration > Create a USB startup disk:
- Next, (1) Select the USB disk to use, (2) Select the option Stored in reserved extra space and adjust the sider to set capacity to use, (3) Click the Make Startup Disk button:
- A progress bar will indicate the progress of your USB Ubuntu installation:
- Once the installation is complete, simply remove the CD, restart your computer and set your boot menu or BIOS to boot from the USB device
If all goes well, you should now be booting from Ubuntu 8.10 on your USB flash drive, automatically saving changes you make to the casper-rw loop file as you go.
Notes: If your BIOS does not support booting from USB, you can make a USB Boot CD for Ubuntu 8.10 to launch your USB Ubuntu 8.10.
Related Articles By Tags :