How To Install Synaptic Package Manager In Ubuntu 13.10
Synaptic is a front end for the apt package management system. It allows you to perform all actions of the command line tool apt-get in a graphical environment. This includes installing, upgrading, downgrading and removing of single packages or even upgrading your whole system.
Open Terminal and run the command below:
$ sudo apt-get install synaptic
enock@enock-ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install synaptic Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following extra packages will be installed: docbook-xml libept1.4.12 librarian0 rarian-compat sgml-data Suggested packages: docbook docbook-dsssl docbook-xsl docbook-defguide perlsgml w3-recs opensp libxml2-utils dwww menu deborphan tasksel The following NEW packages will be installed: docbook-xml libept1.4.12 librarian0 rarian-compat sgml-data synaptic 0 upgraded, 6 newly installed, 0 to remove and 11 not upgraded. Need to get 3,355 kB of archives. After this operation, 12.4 MB of additional disk space will be used. Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...2 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .