How To Install Smuxi IRC Client In Ubuntu
Hello unixmen readers,
In this tutorial I will teach you how to install Smuxi, a nice cross-platform irc client that targets the Gnome desktop. I have been using it for a while now and I am very impressed by the speed on which this application performs. After installing Smuxi irc client you can easily open, join or find a group chat. I find this client very useful when I am looking for help in the Linux community.
Smuxi has the following features:
- Full Keyboard Control
- Message / Command History
- Configurable Command Character
- Quick Connect Dialog (simply connect to any server)
- Open / Join Chat Dialog
- Find Group Chat Dialog
- Sorted and Reorderable Tabs
- Colors are checked and adjusted for optimum contrast
- Clickable URLs
- Word Wrapping
- Configurable Highlight Words
- Markerlines which divide old messages from new messages
- Toggle-able menubar
How to install Smuxi irc client in Ubuntu? Open a new terminal (CTRL+ALT+T) and run the following command.
sudo apt-get install smuxi-frontend-gnome
Then go under Internet and launch Smuxi IRC Client from there.