How To Install Smuxi IRC Client In Ubuntu
Hello unixmen readers,
In this tutorial I will teach you how to install Smuxi, a nice cross-platform irc client that targets the Gnome desktop. I have been using it for a while now and I am very impressed by the speed on which this application performs. After installing Smuxi irc client you can easily open, join or find a group chat. I find this client very useful when I am looking for help in the Linux community.
Smuxi has the following features:
- Full Keyboard Control
- Message / Command History
- Configurable Command Character
- Quick Connect Dialog (simply connect to any server)
- Open / Join Chat Dialog
- Find Group Chat Dialog
- Sorted and Reorderable Tabs
- Colors are checked and adjusted for optimum contrast
- Clickable URLs
- Word Wrapping
- Configurable Highlight Words
- Markerlines which divide old messages from new messages
- Toggle-able menubar
How to install Smuxi irc client in Ubuntu? Open a new terminal (CTRL+ALT+T) and run the following command.
sudo apt-get install smuxi-frontend-gnome
Then go under Internet and launch Smuxi IRC Client from there.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .