Roxen CMS is a powerful and versatile Content Management System for production, distribution, deployment and maintenance of internal and external web sites. It is a user-friendly product that greatly simplifies web publishing and administration tasks for the whole organization.
As a platform-independent product, Roxen CMS excels in its flexibility, extensibility and adherence to open standards such as XML and XSLT. It also provides full integration capabilities with a wide variety of data sources.
Roxen WebServer is a full-featured open-source web server distributed under the GPL license. It runs on a number of different operating systems including Windows, Linux, Solaris and Mac OS X.
Some of the strong points of this server is:
- Open source code.
- A web-based interface for easy configuration and administration.
- The highly regarded Roxen graphics support which can be used for dynamic generation of e.g. headers, images and charts.
- Integrated MySQL database.
- Server-side programming via RXML, Java, Perl, PHP, CGI scripts and more.
- Strong encryption.
- Modular architecture where server extensions can be loaded without shutting down the server process.
- Platform-independent architecture makes custom modules portable with no extra effort.
Lets show you how to install roxen on centos 5.5
First we need to download roxen soft from roxen website, then under root run the commands as described in the screenshots bellow:
Screenshot 1– Roxen will be installed under /usr/local/ directory
Screenshot 2– This will install and start mysql database server
Screenshot 3– Asking for some question about mysql database name and mysql user
Screenshot 4– Will ask you for administrator user and password
Now open you admin page on generated port, in my case is 13769 and start buildings websites.
Open your favorite browser and type :
Now create a website
Create a default port and directory for the website
The port of the website created is 8080
View the webcreated
check the websites and ports
add new modules to the website