How To Install Rekonq Webkit-based KDE Browser In Ubuntu
Dear unixmen readers,
In this tutorial I will show you how to install a fast web browser that uses WebKit rendering engine in combination with various KDE technologies.
It is called renkoq and is the default browser in Chakra and Kubuntu linux distributions. This web browser comes fully loaded with many features such as adblock support, advanced tab handling, web shortcuts support and many private and security features.
renkoq has a very simple and friendly user interface, it uses only one toolbar by default that consists of four navigation buttons: back, forward, home, reload/stop.
If you want to install the renkoq browser in your machine and give it a try, open a new terminal(CTRL+ALT+T) and run the following commands.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/apps sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install rekonq
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .