Install Pandorafms in Linux Mint 10
Pandora FMS (for Pandora Flexible Monitoring System) is software solution for monitoring. Pandora FMS allows monitoring in a visual way the status and performance of several parameters from different operating systems, servers, applications and hardware systems such as firewalls, proxies, databases, web servers or routers.
Pandora FMS can be deployed in almost any operating system. It has remote monitoring (WMI, SNMP, TCP. UDP, ICMP, HTTP…) and using agents. An agent is available for each platform. It can also monitor hardware systems with a TCP/IP stack, as load balancers, routers, network switches, printers or firewalls.
Pandora FMS has several servers that process and get information from different sources, using WMI for gathering remote Windows information, a predictive server, a plugin server who makes complex user-defined network tests, an advanced export server to replicate data between different sites of Pandora FMS, a network discovery server and a SNMP Trap console.
the most important points for Pandora are:
- SQL backend.
- Native centralized Web User interface to manage all monitoring.
- Distributed monitoring.
- Very poweful agent monitoring, specially on Windows.
- Stateful monitoring AND performance monitoring.
- Nice reporting and graphs.
- HA ready
- Support for all OSes
Today we will show you how to install Pandora in LinuxMint
To install Pandora FMS in LinuxMint your need some extra dependencies
sudo apt-get install snmp snmpd libtime-format-perl libxml-simple-perl libnetaddr-ip-perl libdbi-perl libxml-simple-perl libnetaddr-ip-perl
libhtml-parser-perl wmi-client xprobe2 nmap libmail-sendmail-perl traceroute libio-socket-multicast-perl libapache2-mod-php5 apache2
mysql-server php5-gd php5-mysql php-pear php5-snmp php-db php-gettext graphviz php-pear php5-gettext mysql-client php-db php-xmlrpc
Now go to pandora website and download the debian package for ubuntu or for debian
Now cd the directory where you downloaded the debian packages. in my case :
Now let`s start with the installation ,we have to install the console, the agent and the Server :
- Install the console :
sudo dpkg -i pandorafms.console_3.1.1.deb
Or downlaod the source tar.gz and extrcat in /var/ww apache directory
- Install The Agent
sudo dpkg -i pandorafms.agent_3.1.1.deb
- Install The Server
sudo dpkg -i pandorafms.server_3.1.1.deb
Now, lets go to the console, open your browser and type :
open Http://IP/pandora_console to start the installation via the console
RSS fotos http://feed671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/ZINOVSKY/Pandora-3-2/feed.rss
add the generated password of server config /etc/pandora/pandora_server.conf
Now start Pandora_Server and pandoa agent
pirat9@Mint-test /var/www/pandora_console $ sudo /etc/init.d/pandora_server start
Pandora FMS Server 3.2rc2 Build 101125 Copyright (c) 2004-2010 ArticaST
This program is OpenSource, licensed under the terms of GPL License version 2.
You can download latest versions and documentation at http://www.pandorafms.org
[*] Pandora FMS Enterprise module not available.
[*] Backgrounding Pandora FMS Server process.
Pandora Server is now running with PID 6540
pirat9@Mint-test /var/www/pandora_console $ sudo /etc/init.d/pandora_agent_daemon start
Pandora FMS Agent is now running with PID 6586
pirat9@Mint-test /var/www/pandora_console $
remove install.php in pandora_console directory and enjoy your pandora monitoring
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .