Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Install Pandorafms in Linux Mint 10
Pandora FMS (for Pandora Flexible Monitoring System) is software solution for monitoring. Pandora FMS allows monitoring in a visual way the status and performance of several parameters from different operating systems, servers, applications and hardware systems such as firewalls, proxies, databases, web servers or routers.
Pandora FMS can be deployed in almost any operating system. It has remote monitoring (WMI, SNMP, TCP. UDP, ICMP, HTTP…) and using agents. An agent is available for each platform. It can also monitor hardware systems with a TCP/IP stack, as load balancers, routers, network switches, printers or firewalls.
Pandora FMS has several servers that process and get information from different sources, using WMI for gathering remote Windows information, a predictive server, a plugin server who makes complex user-defined network tests, an advanced export server to replicate data between different sites of Pandora FMS, a network discovery server and a SNMP Trap console.
the most important points for Pandora are:
- SQL backend.
- Native centralized Web User interface to manage all monitoring.
- Distributed monitoring.
- Very poweful agent monitoring, specially on Windows.
- Stateful monitoring AND performance monitoring.
- Nice reporting and graphs.
- HA ready
- Support for all OSes
Today we will show you how to install Pandora in LinuxMint
To install Pandora FMS in LinuxMint your need some extra dependencies
sudo apt-get install snmp snmpd libtime-format-perl libxml-simple-perl libnetaddr-ip-perl libdbi-perl libxml-simple-perl libnetaddr-ip-perl
libhtml-parser-perl wmi-client xprobe2 nmap libmail-sendmail-perl traceroute libio-socket-multicast-perl libapache2-mod-php5 apache2
mysql-server php5-gd php5-mysql php-pear php5-snmp php-db php-gettext graphviz php-pear php5-gettext mysql-client php-db php-xmlrpc
Now go to pandora website and download the debian package for ubuntu or for debian
Now cd the directory where you downloaded the debian packages. in my case :
Now let`s start with the installation ,we have to install the console, the agent and the Server :
- Install the console :
sudo dpkg -i pandorafms.console_3.1.1.deb
Or downlaod the source tar.gz and extrcat in /var/ww apache directory
- Install The Agent
sudo dpkg -i pandorafms.agent_3.1.1.deb
- Install The Server
sudo dpkg -i pandorafms.server_3.1.1.deb
Now, lets go to the console, open your browser and type :
open Http://IP/pandora_console to start the installation via the console
RSS fotos http://feed671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/ZINOVSKY/Pandora-3-2/feed.rss
add the generated password of server config /etc/pandora/pandora_server.conf
Now start Pandora_Server and pandoa agent
pirat9@Mint-test /var/www/pandora_console $ sudo /etc/init.d/pandora_server start
Pandora FMS Server 3.2rc2 Build 101125 Copyright (c) 2004-2010 ArticaST
This program is OpenSource, licensed under the terms of GPL License version 2.
You can download latest versions and documentation at http://www.pandorafms.org
[*] Pandora FMS Enterprise module not available.
[*] Backgrounding Pandora FMS Server process.
Pandora Server is now running with PID 6540
pirat9@Mint-test /var/www/pandora_console $ sudo /etc/init.d/pandora_agent_daemon start
Pandora FMS Agent is now running with PID 6586
pirat9@Mint-test /var/www/pandora_console $
remove install.php in pandora_console directory and enjoy your pandora monitoring
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to Find Default Gateway in Linux : A gateway is a node or a router that acts as an access point to passes network data from local netwo...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Setup the Raspberry Pi as a NAS
- How to Monitor Filesystem Events with incron
- Useful Commands for Linux Users – Episode 6
- Deadly Linux Commands
- Determine Your Specifications from Command-Line
- Automatically Change the Desktop Wallpaper Using Variety on Ubuntu/Linux Mint
- How to Find Default Gateway in Linux
- Setup Backup Server Using rsnapshot
- How to Disable/Change Default PDF Viewer in Mozilla Firefox
- Dictionaries in Python
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .