Install Opera in Ubuntu 12.04
Everyone familiar to Linux has the right skills to install the applications he or she likes, but what about Linux newbies? Who is going to help them in their Linux journey? How can i install opera browser in Ubuntu?
Opera is a web browser developed by Opera Software available in Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and FreeBSD. Opera browser is free of charge for personal computers and mobile devices.
Do you own a Nintendo DS or Wii gaming system? Did you know that Opera is the only commercial web browser available for the Nintendo DS, DSi gaming systems?
Opera browser was intially released in 1994 as a research project at Telenor, the largest Norwegian telecommunications company. Now opera is widely used in mobile phones, television set-top boxes and personal computers.
What are some features of the Opera Browser?
- built-in tabbed browsing
- fraud protection
- ad blocking
- BitTorrent client
- a search bar
- web feed aggregator
- Opera Mail e-mail client
- IRC chat client
Are you worried because your internet connection is slow? Ok, stop doing it now because in Opera pages and tabs load faster, even on slow internet connections. Opera helps you to protect yourself from malicious attacks by checking risky sites and alerting you to potential threats.
Install Opera Browser In Ubuntu
Visit this official website of Opera Browser and download the fast and free alternative web browser for free in your Linux machine.
It automatically detects my operating system and gives me suggestion which package to download. This is shown in Figure 1.
After you have downloaded the deb package just right click on it and select “Open With Ubuntu Software Center”.
Click install and ubuntu will install Opera Browser for you.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Download 11 Community Wallpapers Chosen For Ubuntu 14.04 “Trusty Tahr”
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS “Trusty Tahr” Default Wallpaper Revealed!
- Canonical Works with Cisco!
- Android Intercom: An Excellent Intercom App For Bikers Or Hiking Fans
- Install Google Talk Plugin In Fedora 20
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .