Install Opera in Ubuntu 12.04
Everyone familiar to Linux has the right skills to install the applications he or she likes, but what about Linux newbies? Who is going to help them in their Linux journey? How can i install opera browser in Ubuntu?
Opera is a web browser developed by Opera Software available in Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and FreeBSD. Opera browser is free of charge for personal computers and mobile devices.
Do you own a Nintendo DS or Wii gaming system? Did you know that Opera is the only commercial web browser available for the Nintendo DS, DSi gaming systems?
Opera browser was intially released in 1994 as a research project at Telenor, the largest Norwegian telecommunications company. Now opera is widely used in mobile phones, television set-top boxes and personal computers.
What are some features of the Opera Browser?
- built-in tabbed browsing
- fraud protection
- ad blocking
- BitTorrent client
- a search bar
- web feed aggregator
- Opera Mail e-mail client
- IRC chat client
Are you worried because your internet connection is slow? Ok, stop doing it now because in Opera pages and tabs load faster, even on slow internet connections. Opera helps you to protect yourself from malicious attacks by checking risky sites and alerting you to potential threats.
Install Opera Browser In Ubuntu
Visit this official website of Opera Browser and download the fast and free alternative web browser for free in your Linux machine.
It automatically detects my operating system and gives me suggestion which package to download. This is shown in Figure 1.
After you have downloaded the deb package just right click on it and select “Open With Ubuntu Software Center”.
Click install and ubuntu will install Opera Browser for you.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .