Install NFS server in Debian|ubuntu|Linuxmint
Network File System (NFS) is a network file system protocol originally developed by Sun Microsystems in 1984,
it was developed to allow machines to mount a disk partition on a remote machine as if it were a local disk. It allows for fast, seamless sharing of files across a network.
It also gives the potential for unwanted people to access your hard drive over the network (and thereby possibly read your email and delete all your files as well as break into your system) if you set it up incorrectly. Now we will show you how
to install NFS server .
3 important packages are needed: nfs-kernel-server nfs-common portmap
First install them using the command
#sudo apt-get install nfs-kernel-server nfs-common portmap
NFS Server Configuration
NFS exports from a server are controlled by the file /etc/exports. Each line begins with the absolute path of a directory to be exported, followed by a space-seperated list of allowed clients.
to export /unixdata directory add this to /etc/export .
youb cam change the Ip adress with hostname of hostname of nfs-clients
rw : Allow clients to read as well as write access
ro : Read only access
insecure : Tells the NFS server to use unpriveledged ports (ports > 1024).
no_subtree_check : If the entire volume (/users) is exported, disabling this check will speed up transfers.
async : async will speed up transfers.
If you make changes to /etc/exports on a running NFS server, you can make these changes effective by issuing the command:
now back to NFS linux client
#mount 192.168.0.100:/unixdata /unixdata
now with df -h of mount command , you can see the partition add
you can see from the client all shared directroy with
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats : Selene is yet another project from the TimeShift Developer Tony George. It is an audio/video convert...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TimeShift: Restore Your Linux Desktop To Previous State
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .