Install Mir and Xmir In Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy
In this article we will take a look at command line instructions needed to install Mir, a computer display server for Linux which is maintained and developed by Canonical Ltd. At the moment I am writing this article, Mir supports only open source graphic card drivers. The test results done on the version of Mir in development phase show that Mir is having a great performance and its performance seems to be similar to X.Org. Note that the Mir graphic server is still in development phase and the testing results show that it is stable, but it may have problems with applications, the desktop environment etc. Taking such errors into consideration it is not a good idea to experiment with Mir in your personal computer, so the best and safe solution is to test Mir in a virtual machine.
Do you want to give Mir and XMir a shot?
MIR and XMir are already available in the official repositories of Ubuntu 10.13 Saucy, so you can already install and test the new graphical server in your computer. Remember to test the Mir and Xmir in a safe environment that does not affect you main machine.
How To Install?
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get dist-upgrade sudo apt-get install unity-system-compositor
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10 : Introduction Fail2Ban is an intrusion prevention framework written in the Python programming l...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful : Running a business can be very stressful. You have to think about team collaboration, making sure th...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- install Git in Ubuntu : Git is a distributed revision control system with an emphasis on speed. Git was initially designed a...0 comments |
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5 : I will show you in this tutorial how to install your first cluster Corosync and the Linux Cluster Ma...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .