How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
Linux Kernel 3.12.4 has been officially released with fixes for inet6_init() cleanup order, seqlock deadlock in ip6_finish_output2 and Report Descriptor for Logitech MOMO Force. In this short tutorial we will teach you how to install the latest Linux kernel in your Ubuntu machine, so open a new terminal and run each one of the following commands. The following screenshot shows the kernel release that is installed on my machine.
To open a new terminal in Ubuntu press CTRL+ALT+T.
wget -c kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v3.12.4-trusty/linux-headers-3.12.4-031204_3.12.4-031204.201312081207_all.deb
wget -c kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v3.12.4-trusty/linux-headers-3.12.4-031204-generic_3.12.4-031204.201312081207_i386.deb
wget -c kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v3.12.4-trusty/linux-image-3.12.4-031204-generic_3.12.4-031204.201312081207_i386.deb
After the download, run the following commands in terminal and the kernel should be installed.
sudo dpkg -i linux-image-3.12.4*.deb
sudo dpkg -i linux-headers-3.12.4*.deb
Hope it helps.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10 : Introduction Fail2Ban is an intrusion prevention framework written in the Python programming l...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful : Running a business can be very stressful. You have to think about team collaboration, making sure th...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- install Git in Ubuntu : Git is a distributed revision control system with an emphasis on speed. Git was initially designed a...0 comments |
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5 : I will show you in this tutorial how to install your first cluster Corosync and the Linux Cluster Ma...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .