Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Install Lighttpd in 4 easy steps
Lighttpd (pronounced lightly) is a web server designed to be fast, secure, flexible, and true to the standards. It is optimized for environments where speed is important, and therefore consumes less CPU and RAM than other servers. For all it offers, lighttpd is suitable for any server that has problems loading.
If you want to try this program you can follow these steps (we assume that you install in Ubuntu):
1. We install the needed packages (possibly need to install MySQL or PostgreSQL if you need them and still do not have one)
sudo aptitude install lighttpd-doc lighttpd php5-cgi
2. Enabling support for PHP (we respond with “fastcgi”)
3. If you already have installed Apache we change the port that it will Lighttpd. For this first edit the configuration file:
sudo gedit / etc / lighttpd / lighttpd.conf
Then find the line that says: # server.port = 81 and change it to own prive port :
server.port = 81
4. Finally reboot the server:
sudo / etc / init.d / lighttpd force-reload
Now we agree to use our server as usual at “localhost” but using port 81: http://localhost:81
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB : "I am having problems in connecting the Galaxy Tab to Ubuntu via USB cable."; This is a common quest...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .