Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
In this tutorial we are going to install by downloading tarball and then building from source (manually) in Elementary OS Luna.
$ wget wget http://goo.gl/0ZINq8 -O LibreOffice_4.1.3_Linux_x86_deb.tar.gz
$ wget http://goo.gl/8pbBNB -O LibreOffice_4.1.3_Linux_x86-64_deb.tar.gz
2. Extract tarball
For Both 32 and 64 bit:
$ tar -xvf LibreOffice_4.1.3*.tar.gz
3. Upacking .deb files.
$ cd ~/Downloads/LibreOffice_4.1.3*/DEBS $ sudo dpkg -i *.deb
[sudo] password for enock: Selecting previously unselected package libobasis4.1-base. (Reading database ... 122994 files and directories currently installed.) Unpacking libobasis4.1-base (from libobasis4.1-base_188.8.131.52-2_amd64.deb) ... Selecting previously unselected package libobasis4.1-calc. Unpacking libobasis4.1-calc (from libobasis4.1-calc_184.108.40.206-2_amd64.deb) ... Selecting previously unselected package libobasis4.1-core01. Unpacking libobasis4.1-core01 (from libobasis4.1-core01_220.127.116.11-2_amd64.deb) ... ........................................................ Processing triggers for shared-mime-info ... Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme ... Processing triggers for gnome-icon-theme ... Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ... Processing triggers for bamfdaemon ... Rebuilding /usr/share/applications/bamf.index... Processing triggers for gnome-menus ...
Desktop integration is done after installation automatically.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .