Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Install LCMP in Centos/Fedora/Redhat
Cherokee is a very fast, flexible and easy to configure Web Server. It supports the widespread technologies nowadays: FastCGI, SCGI, PHP, CGI, SSI, TLS and SSL encrypted connections, Virtual hosts, Authentication, on the fly encoding, Load Balancing, Apache compatible log files, Data Base Balancing, Reverse HTTP Proxy, Traffic Shaper, Video Streaming and much more.
A user friendly interface called cherokee-admin is provided for a no-hassle configuration of the server. Check out the benchmarks and documentation to learn more, and give it a try to squeeze your hardware to the fullest!
In this tutorial we will show you how to install LCMP: L=Linux , C=Cherokee (web server) ,M=mysql , P=php , install : Cherokee Web server in CentOS/Fedora/Redhat.
I – Install cherokee
to install and start Cherokee in Fedora/centos or Fedora based distro ,under root terminal type :
#yum install cherokee
#chkconfig cherokee on
open browser and type: http//:ip or http://localhost
How to access The cherokee admin panel :
under terminal and root:
# cherokee-admin -b
One-time Password: FEPeJXBMj4sygJ3e
Cherokee Web Server 0.99.17 (Jun 14 2009): Listening on port ALL:9090, TLS
disabled, IPv6 disabled, using epoll, 1024 fds system limit, max. 505
connections, caching I/O, single thread
Open your browser on port 9090 with username: admin and password FEPeJXBMj4sygJ3e
the WWW root directory is /var/www/cherokee.
2- Install MySQL
Now we have to install Mysql :
#yum install mysql mysql-devel mysql-server
now start mysqld and chek that its runing and make it starting with the boot
#chkconfig --levels 235 mysqld on
check that deamon is listening :
# netstat -tap | grep mysql
tcp 0 0 *:mysql *:* LISTEN 1603/mysqld
fine . Now create mysqladmin password with :
#mysqladmin -u root password yourrootsqlpassword
#mysqladmin -h yourserver-host -u root password yourrootsqlpassword
Now we have to install Php and should be working with cherokee pages through FastCGI.
3- Installation of PHP :
#yum install php yum install php-cli php-devel
and add this line
cgi.fix_pathinfo = 1
Now restart the webserver with :
Back to your Control panel cherokee and under Virtual server> wizard >Misc and add php , now under Bahavior check that every thing in ON.
save change and stop the admin control panel with CTRL+C
Now how to check if php is working
save and exit
restart your web server with
and check the phppage with.
4- Install phpmyadmin :
phpMyAdmin is an open source tool written in PHP intended to handle the administration of MySQL over the World Wide Web. It can perform various tasks such as creating, modifying or deleting databases, tables, fields or rows; executing SQL statements; or managing users and permissions.
navigate to phpmyadmin
download the file to /var/www/cherokee
extract the file :
tar -zxvf phpMyAdmin-3.2.2-all-languages.tar.gz
mv phpMyAdmin-3.2.2-all-languages phpmyadmin
cp config.sample.inc.php config.inc.php
you should edit the config.inc.php for your web security
now start the browser
Create databases :
ENJOY . For any question we are ready to support your in our forum
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .