Install Java 7 in Crunchbang 11 ‘Waldorf’
You Just installed Crunchbang and need to install some applications that require Java to operate. In this tutorial we will show you how to install Java 7. This tutorial also assumes you have no previous version of Java installed. We are going to install Java 7 by creating a local ‘apt’ repository for Oracle Java 7 packages.
Run the command below to download the script that will help us in this installation.
$ wget https://github.com/flexiondotorg/oab-java6/raw/0.3.0/oab-java.sh -O oab-java.sh
After script has been downloaded, run the command below to make it executable:
$ chmod +x oab-java.sh
Now execute script:
$ sudo ./oab-java.sh -7
Next run the command below to install oracle-java7-jre.
$ sudo apt-get install oracle-java7-jre
To install oracle-java7-jre, oracle-java7-jdk, oracle-java7-plugin and oracle-java7-fonts,
Run the command below:
$ sudo apt-get install oracle-java7-jre oracle-java7-jdk oracle-java7-plugin oracle-java7-fonts
If you are behind a proxy you may need to run using:
$ sudo -i ./oab-java.sh
If you want to see what this script is doing while it is running then execute the following from another shell:
$ tail -f ./oab-java.sh.log
After Java have successfully been installed. Check from terminal
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .