Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Install ITune in Linux in 6 steps
This tutorial will help you to install iTune in linux in 6 steps, there are others ways to install ITune in linux like using for example PlayOnLinux for this one see this tutorial.
1. Download iTunes 7.3 from apple.com
2. Prepare Wine for itunes installation
if not installed then :
For Ubuntu use the command
sudo apt-get install wine
If you`re using Linpus/fedora/red-hat/CentOS then type in the terminal:
yum install wine
After type the command :
Select your audio driver, it may be something like OSS or Alsa so use one u actually use Set Hardware Acceleration to “Emulation” option. All other Wine settings are per your consideration e.g. Graphics tab.
3. Update richedit30 (Win32 Cabinet Self-Extractor):
mv richedit32.dll richedit32.bak
mv richedit20.dll richedit20.bak
Set richedit20.dll and richedit32.dll as native through winecfg.
4. $wine iTunesSetup.exe
It will open iTune’s installation program under wine so you just install itunes as usually you did it in Windows. If error happens just re-run installer.
5. Now you can start itunes and go through first run setup (all related screenshots are here). Just don’t care about errors thrown into the console:
cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/iTunes
6. That was all, Now u can use iTunes in Linux as you did it before in other operating system.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Dictionaries in Python
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
- How To: Disable or Enable Guest Account in Ubuntu 13.04
- Setup Your Own YouTube Like Website Using ClipBucket
- Retroshare: A Next Generation Secure Communication and File Sharing Platform
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .