Install Any HP printer in Linux
This tutorial will explain how to install any HP printer in Linux systems .
what you have to do is to check if your printer is support from here :
Lets take a example for this one .
The HP Photosmart C5300 All-in-One Printer, Scanner, Copier series is designed for home users who want the affordability of five individual inks, the versatility of everyday and photo printing, and the opportunity to get more creative.
Bellow is described the easy way to install the printer all in one 5300 series (printer scanner and copy machine) in Linux system.
First : Download HPLIP
Go to HPlib opensource software website and download the HPLIP-x.x.x.run
Second : The HPLIP Automatic Installer
The Automatic Installer is known to work on the following Linux Distributions:
- SUSE Linux (10.3, 11.0, 11, 11.1)
- Fedora (9, 9.0, 10, 10.0)
- Ubuntu (8.04, 8.04.1, 8.04.2, 8.10, 9.04)
- Debian (4.0, 4.0r0, 4.0r1, 5.0, lenny, lenny/sid, stable, testing)
To use the Automatic Installer, follow these steps:
Download the file to a convenient location (e.g., home directory or desktop, etc).
Open a console/terminal and cd to the location where the installer was downloaded. (e.g., cd ~/Desktop)
Type in and run this command: ‘sh hplip-3.9.4b.run’
If the installation diden`t completed successfully , should be that you have some missing packages, then you have to install the missing dependencies and retry the installation again.
You can see the installation process on the video bellow :
[youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozk6G2UHDUE 600 500]
Please report any problem to the forum under hardware
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .