Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Install Any HP printer in Linux
This tutorial will explain how to install any HP printer in Linux systems .
what you have to do is to check if your printer is support from here :
Lets take a example for this one .
The HP Photosmart C5300 All-in-One Printer, Scanner, Copier series is designed for home users who want the affordability of five individual inks, the versatility of everyday and photo printing, and the opportunity to get more creative.
Bellow is described the easy way to install the printer all in one 5300 series (printer scanner and copy machine) in Linux system.
First : Download HPLIP
Go to HPlib opensource software website and download the HPLIP-x.x.x.run
Second : The HPLIP Automatic Installer
The Automatic Installer is known to work on the following Linux Distributions:
- SUSE Linux (10.3, 11.0, 11, 11.1)
- Fedora (9, 9.0, 10, 10.0)
- Ubuntu (8.04, 8.04.1, 8.04.2, 8.10, 9.04)
- Debian (4.0, 4.0r0, 4.0r1, 5.0, lenny, lenny/sid, stable, testing)
To use the Automatic Installer, follow these steps:
Download the file to a convenient location (e.g., home directory or desktop, etc).
Open a console/terminal and cd to the location where the installer was downloaded. (e.g., cd ~/Desktop)
Type in and run this command: ‘sh hplip-3.9.4b.run’
If the installation diden`t completed successfully , should be that you have some missing packages, then you have to install the missing dependencies and retry the installation again.
You can see the installation process on the video bellow :
Please report any problem to the forum under hardware
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...1 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .