Install Any HP printer in Linux
This tutorial will explain how to install any HP printer in Linux systems .
what you have to do is to check if your printer is support from here :
Lets take a example for this one .
The HP Photosmart C5300 All-in-One Printer, Scanner, Copier series is designed for home users who want the affordability of five individual inks, the versatility of everyday and photo printing, and the opportunity to get more creative.
Bellow is described the easy way to install the printer all in one 5300 series (printer scanner and copy machine) in Linux system.
First : Download HPLIP
Go to HPlib opensource software website and download the HPLIP-x.x.x.run
Second : The HPLIP Automatic Installer
The Automatic Installer is known to work on the following Linux Distributions:
- SUSE Linux (10.3, 11.0, 11, 11.1)
- Fedora (9, 9.0, 10, 10.0)
- Ubuntu (8.04, 8.04.1, 8.04.2, 8.10, 9.04)
- Debian (4.0, 4.0r0, 4.0r1, 5.0, lenny, lenny/sid, stable, testing)
To use the Automatic Installer, follow these steps:
Download the file to a convenient location (e.g., home directory or desktop, etc).
Open a console/terminal and cd to the location where the installer was downloaded. (e.g., cd ~/Desktop)
Type in and run this command: ‘sh hplip-3.9.4b.run’
If the installation diden`t completed successfully , should be that you have some missing packages, then you have to install the missing dependencies and retry the installation again.
You can see the installation process on the video bellow :
Please report any problem to the forum under hardware
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .